White Lodge Summer Fair

JulieW

Hi - I also attended the Open Day so that we could help support the school, see the lovely dancers including my niece and I agree with all the comments that the dancers were wonderful despite the changeable weather..  The first performance outside was enjoyed by all but unfortunately the weather turned and the second and third performance had to be inside - for me thats when it all became very disappointing as the organisers did not seem to be able to cope and nobody seemed to know that you had to have ticket or where you had to get them from until it was too late.  Many people in the 'q' for the theatre was disgruntled with the organisation or lack of it - it was a real shame as after all we were all there to see the dancers but I am sure many did not get to see their grandchildren, nieces, nephews etc.. 

Perhaps they will learn from this year that June weather is always questionable and perhaps be better prepared?

I'm sure the dancers did not care about the weather, it just made it more fun and showed everyone how professional they are - well done to the teachers for their excellent training..

• 10 months later...

I thought you'd like to know about this year's Summer Fair and Open Day - it's on 14th June and here's the poster (lifted from FB!).  Hope to see lots of you there - I think it'll be my 13th or 14th :)  (I see the entry price has gone up!)

1017345_883479881677525_4213483363543543

• Like 4

Julie, thanks for posting this. Does anyone know what system they'll be using this year to determine allocation of seats  - particularly if the weather changes? It would be great if we could use one of the breaks for a balletco meetup, instead of standing in a queue for tickets....

Yaffa

• Like 1

How do you go about going to this? I've not been since I was at the school can I just turn up with my family and buy a ticket at the gate? 2 adults a 3 yr old and babe in arms or is it now not suitable for young children? Where is best place to park? Just thinking about going to see my students there and old teachers.

Just turn up at the gate and buy a ticket to get in. There are normally 3 very similar performances which take place on the lawn at roughly hourly intervals and seating is limited and unallocated. Most people end up standing. The performance only moves indoors if there is rain and then ticket allocation is a bit haphazard and involves queuing.

Balletqs - not sure how long ago you were there but would be doubtful that any old teachers are still around as most have left or retired in recent years.