Kings International ballet academy

PurpleM

Hello PurpleM and welcome.  KIBA seems to be a new entity so there may not be anyone here with experience of it as yet.  The school does have a previous thread so it may be worth sending them a message:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

My dds are too young for their full time but are interested in the associates so will be going Sunday. 

That's great I have no questions that the teaching will be to high standards have a grt time 

There were around 12 in dd2s class and then there were more later on. They did say they have auditioned previously.

Thanks for that. Did your DD enjoy it? Wonder how many they'll take? 

28 minutes ago, PurpleM said:

It's no more then 16 children for the professional dancers diploma. Is it same for the associates. 

Friday evening we accepted my DD place on the professional dancers diploma course. 

Congrats to your Dd. I think she will have a really good time and training.

They do want to keep numbers small so they can give each dancer attention.

1 minute ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Congrats to your Dd. I think she will have a really good time and training.

They do want to keep numbers small so they can give each dancer attention.

Thank you mummy twinkle toes. It was a very hard decision to make as all so new. My DD very much excited about her new adventure. I wish I could connect with others on this journey to kings too. Fingers crossed for your dds for the associates. When will you find out? Keep me posted thank you. 

Hoglett good morning. Thank you. No I don't mind at all. We are going for rented apartment close to studio. This is something that still needs to be organised but in the process. My DD didn't want to go to host families. It will be shared with other students. It is still early days from acceptance, still waiting on more information and all so new to us. Just hoping we get in contact with others that are going too. Would be nice to chat. 

Edited by PurpleM

6 hours ago, PurpleM said:

Thank you mummy twinkle toes. It was a very hard decision to make as all so new. My DD very much excited about her new adventure. I wish I could connect with others on this journey to kings too. Fingers crossed for your dds for the associates. When will you find out? Keep me posted thank you. 

I have just found out both Dds got a place. My youngest will be really happy as it is her first ballet associate course.  Congrats again to your Dd.

I have just found out both Dds got a place. My youngest will be really happy as it is her first ballet associate course.  Congrats again to your Dd.

Congratulations to your DDs I am sure they will have a great time. Thank you again 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stardancer said:

Hi Mummy twinkle toes

Congratulations for your two beautiful dds, does this mean we will not be seeing you in September 

Yes. It is a hard decision to leave an esteemed programme but I believe they will benefit more from Kiba as it is 6 hours and includes contemporary and jazz.

I am glad to hear your lovely Dd is on the mend xx

That sounds much more better, than the school you are at,more positive more classes,I only wished we had stayed at york scholars, but these things are here to try us.

I will miss you your dd was always smiling and very talented, and you always made me laugh .

Good luck on your next journeyxxx

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello to everyone who has shown interest in Kings International Ballet Academy. 

My daughter was one of the first year vocational intake . She had previously been a vocational pupil in a recognized national school abroad, and had left home at aged 10 for her studies so by the time she turned up at Kings she was well used to being independent and self motivated. The motivation for moving from one entity to the other was that the original one undervalued so many of her qualities and failed to provide performance opportunities to their pupils. However the directors of Kings saw immediately her potential and multiple strengths  that would be advantages in the working world of dance, when she presented for audition. They had no doubts about her future.

Have we regretted the move? No we have not. Our leap of faith has been rewarded with a strong technical course with individual attention to each of the pupils artistic development independent of their previous experience.   So our daughter who was already technically strong is now more confident in projecting this and expressing herself in dance . The core of the course of lead by a strong team of professionals and externally and internally assessed regularly. The diploma includes the preparation for a professional company career with additional teaching qualifications in the Russian methodology so the students are obliged to do some teaching sessions on Saturdays for the Pre-vocational students. It makes for better students, when they actually have to explain to others.   Our daughter studies the academic portion with a private tutor. Others  have opted to just do the diploma, other have already completed academic studies. They are mixed ages with one aim. A future in dance and that's what counts. 

It is extremely physical but close to the real deal  regarding company life. Our daughter is so much happier. The group is close and united in their goal. They have formed little groups and rent rooms nearby and one estate agent has now arranged a bigger house. Rents are cheaper than other areas  of the country, and living cost manageable. Rail, road and airports links are good with low cost carriers.

Just seen the end of year show in which all pupils worked with each other. So lovely to see my daughter smile in the sheer delight of dancing, something I never saw in the old establishment .

So glad we chose Kings.

On 30/06/2019 at 13:35, Minoblade said:

Does anyone have any feedback on KIBA? Purple M how has your dd found it? Is she happy? 

Please see my comments below. If you have any questions , please feel free to ask.  My daughter has thoroughly enjoyed the vocational course and has taught the pre-vocational classes as teaching practice for the diploma. The show used all pupils together as one unit for a number of dances, classical repertoire and jazz and singing ,with other solo, duet and trio and group work. It was a lovely mix.

My daughter who has six years of professional ballet school behind her is really happy with her progress, the teaching, the range of the disciplines which is broader than her old school and yet still leaning to strong classical ballet teaching, and the general atmosphere. My daughter though of English roots has never lived in England but this area is calm, friendly and close-knit. so she feels safe and integrated into the community.  She is astute and knowledgeable having worked with many strong internationally recognized teachers and have attended classes with Prix de Lausanne competitors, Varna and other world class competition winners, so when she tells us that she is happy with the level and her output, we are happy.

She and 4 more of the school are currently in Italy at Longiano in Dance, a very intensive high level summer school and they compete internationally. This December the school will be supporting a semi-professional performance of the Nutcracker in Brecon.  So the challenges are varied.

She had completed the GCSE stage in our country last year so we moved her after that stage.  She was the youngest to start at 15 years old. She is studying A levels with the private tutoring service recommended by the school and this is going well. One to one tuition ...excellent. She lives with a host family because of her age and us being abroad. It was the most sensible solution and has worked really well. Other are sharing flats in Barwell or East Shilton. Buses are frequent and other transport links are excellent, including flights for us.

If you have any  specific questions I would be happy to answer them

• Like 1

On 07/06/2018 at 17:44, shygirlsmum said:

One of the directors has taught at midlands and dd loved the classes.  Unfortunately, I cannot add any more than that.

One of the directors still teaches at Midland and had substantial experience abroad before returning to the UK. The rest of the team are hardworking professionals with a variety of posts in a number of well respected institutions, so the depth and breadth of teaching is wide and keen. Teaching is very much geared to the individual requirements of the pupils basedon their previous level. Results are profound and fast. The atmosphere is happy and constructive and the pupils are happy, but the vocational schedule is not for the faint-hearted .It is good practice for a professional career. The external examiners were impressed with the first exam results. 

The pre-vocational Saturday students shared the stage with the full-timers and worked in unison in several set pieces  in the end of year show. It was a happy and well balanced performance and strong technical performances were produced with artistic flare and great progress was evident in some since I last saw some pupils dance last summer on the intensive in Rugby and in competition in the autumn.Others I had never seen before so I could not comment on progress but their parents were pleased.

• 5 months later...