Kings International ballet academy

PurpleM

6 hours ago, shygirlsmum said:

I’m looking at year 12 options for my DD, does anyone know if kings qualifies for student funding?  I’m not in a position to self fund and struggling to find any info.

As far as I am aware they operate as a private college and they don’t offer qualifications that are eligible for government funding such as DADA or Student Finance so I would assume the only funding available is internal scholarships (if they offer them). 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shygirlsmum said:

I’m looking at year 12 options for my DD, does anyone know if kings qualifies for student funding?  I’m not in a position to self fund and struggling to find any info.

I think the only U.K. schools that offer BA courses with student funding are Central, Rambert and Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.  There may be others, I’m not sure, but these are the popular choices at our dance studio.

Edited by Anna C
Edited by Moderator

On 29/12/2019 at 19:13, Picturesinthefirelight said:

As far as I am aware they operate as a private college and they don’t offer qualifications that are eligible for government funding such as DADA or Student Finance so I would assume the only funding available is internal scholarships (if they offer them). 

This is correct. The course structure is such that the qualifications offered are not eligible (yet?) for subsidised funding from DADA or other, but they do have a scholarship fund for both  young men or young ladies . Course fees are less than some similar courses from what I have gleaned on this forum and other sources . It is still early days but a promising start. 

• 1 year later...
  • alison changed the title to Kings International ballet academy

My daughter started last September their associate programme and it is fantastic. She also attends another associate school however she seems to enjoy more & make greater progress with Kings. 6 hrs on Saturdays is extremely beneficial to their development. Teachers are lovely and very supportive.

• Like 1

My daughter is in her second year at Kings and we are so pleased that we accepted her place here rather than a bigger school. All the teaching staff are excellent and really encouraging.  We have also been impressed with their online teaching during this pandemic. 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I know it's a long time since discussions have taken place on here.  However, we've only recently heard about KIBA through our daughter's home ballet teacher.  Our DD is yr 9 and just done her first term at a well known full time vocational dance school a long way from where we live.  Although she is incredibly happy there and loves boarding life and school life, she is a ballet dancer and the school doesn't quite live up to her expectations with the ballet and she feels it isn't ballet focused enough and she'd like to be challenged more.  I must say their focus, although they have daily ballet classes, seems to be the other dance genres, especially for performances and showcasing their work.  She is there on a MDS award - and here comes my question - do King's offer financial assistance, MDS's or scholarships??  Also,  how much is private tutoring and accommodation on top of the £10,000 a term fees?  She'd so love to be somewhere where she's studying far more classical ballet and having more hours of it a week too and KIBA offers, what seems like, and excellent timetable of this.  Her home ballet teacher has just finished performing in The Nutcracker in Brecon and said that KIBA students were in his production too and they are the best classical ballet dancers he has seen outside of the RBS in the UK.  He advised our dd to audition, but if we can't afford it all i'm not sure if it's worth starting the ball rolling in this direction.  Any information at all would be greatly received. Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread seems to have gone quiet!

I'm also interested in graduate destinations, if anyone can answer that?

How much dancing is timetabled per day, and is the focus on classical ballet? 

It looks like a lovely place to train.

TIA

@Diva05 sorry can’t help with info about the post-grad courses, but my dd does associate classes at Kings. The studios are lovely and the teaching really is fantastic, very supportive and tailored to each dancer. Definitely worth considering - a bit of a hidden gem in the ballet world I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My dd and three of her friends all start in September, they are all staying in the homestay option and cant wait.

The teaching is fantastic, so supportive and really focuses on each dancer. They all graduate with a place to go which is just amazing. We've had questions and its just been a quick phone call or email to the school and they always answer. 

I agree with Pinkpip100 - a hidden gem. I wish more schools were like this. 

Any questions please feel free to PM 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1