Associates in London and the SE

poodle

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at which Associates programmers are the right age group and still have auditions for September entry and going to give them all a go.

Dilemma is that auditions span through Feb - May.   I am hoping they all offer at a similar time so it’s  easy to choose from any offers available.  Anyone been in this sort of dilemma, if so how did you manage it ?

Edited by poodle
Typos

Some associates are on Saturdays and some on Sundays, and people do attend both if they are lucky enough to get in. Otherwise, if your dc is offered a place at a good-ish one, you can afford it and the distance/timings are ok, and they like the atmosphere/teachers, then accept it. There's no guarantee that you will be offered a place elsewhere, because the schools look for different attributes.

2 hours ago, taxi4ballet said:

Some associates are on Saturdays and some on Sundays, and people do attend both if they are lucky enough to get in. Otherwise, if your dc is offered a place at a good-ish one, you can afford it and the distance/timings are ok, and they like the atmosphere/teachers, then accept it. There's no guarantee that you will be offered a place elsewhere, because the schools look for different attributes.

Thanks.

Fave one on paper has the last audition date but you are right, no guarantee of any offers at all........

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question - for those Associates Programmes where photos need to be provided......do they use the photos to filter out applicants or do they allow all applicants to audition regardless.

What do they get from the photos ??

Thanks so much 

Poodle

edited to say thank you for answering my questions it’s all new to me ....

Edited by poodle
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, poodle said:

A quick question - for those Associates Programmes where photos need to be provided......do they use the photos to filter out applicants or do they allow all applicants to audition regardless.

What do they get from the photos ??

Thanks so much 

Poodle

edited to say thank you for answering my questions it’s all new to me ....

I think photos are to help the panel remember who was who when they are making decisions after the audition. I think that if you apply for an associate audition you'll always be seen.

Edited by margarite
  • Like 1

I think photos also help the panel, in advance, to highlight those that they feel might have a particular body type that they like and the facility for Ballet. You will note that many photos that are requested are done so as to show the legline and turnout of the child, which may help the panel with a large group auditioning to double check their preconceptions. However I don’t doubt that they can spot who they want in the room as soon as the children start dancing, so I’m sure they’re also needed for memory purposes too. Plus there is often a dancer without their perceived look may have something else, a special something maybe, that draws their eye more than the desired swayback knees and flat turnout etc. There was certainly a couple of those special ones in my dd’s associate classes xx 

• Like 3