Sign in to follow this  
Jan McNulty

Glen Campbell RIP

Jan McNulty    11,299

I'm sad to report that Glen Campbell has passed away at the age of 81.  Six years ago it was announced that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimers but he was determined to carry on performing as long as he could.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40870474

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/09/glen-campbell-the-guitar-prodigy-represented-the-best-of-pop-and-country-music

Sim    7,289

RIP, Rhinestone Cowboy.  Glen had played as a session musician with everyone from Sinatra to the Beach Boys (with whom he toured).  Not only did he have a wonderful voice and play a mean guitar, but he was a prolific and incredibly accomplished songwriter.  

Fiz    2,933

I hate Alzheimer's disease so much. It took my dear father too last weekend and my good friend's mother the week before.

Fiz    2,933

I know you are, dear friend. Thank you. I couldn't believe it when I emailed my friend and she emailed back that she'd just lost her lovely mother to it.

Kate_N    1,157

Oh Fiz, so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. No matter how much a death is inevitable and expected, it is always a huge shock. Hope you & your family can take care of each other. 

Harwel    2,184

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Fiz.  My thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time. 

Kate_N    1,157

I have my mother staying with me (she lives on another continent) and I haven't seen her in person for about 18 months - she was having occasional short term memory loss then, but it has deteriorated very badly since. She's still her, but diminished in little ways, and diminishing in memory & energy (she's 82). I'm not sure she can live independently for much longer. It's a really really tough way to live, and hard for those around you. 

Jan McNulty    11,299

So sorry to hear this Kate.  It is such a worry.

My Mum shut down her mind overnight when my younger sister died, she just could not cope with the grief.

alison    6,037

Fiz, I'm so sorry: I knew there was a problem, but hadn't realised it had deteriorated to that stage already.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I came in here to post that there's a tribute or something to Glen on BBC4 at the moment.