English youth ballet casting question

chloe123

Hey Annaliesey, well done your DD! - did she get one? Our DD1 was also selected but didn't get it, although one of her school-friends did.

Both DDs very excited. Mrs Winelake was very impressed at the overall standard of the dancers, having been led to believe that qualification was a shoe-in! I understand that the scholarship session was pretty demanding. I'm looking forward to seeing one or two of the shows...

No she didn't get one but she was beaming from ear to ear just being up there for scholarship round. Two of her other friends were finalists too but none of them got one. My dd was Juliannes choice and was the last one to join the scholarship dancers.

We aren't actually sure if she can accept it due to other commitments and are now having a dilemma!!! Arghhh !!!

I thought the routines they did were fast and challenging. More so than I remember from watching auditions before.

I stayed and watched the seniors and theirs seemed super tough!!

I'm not sure about standard tbh. There were a lot of really good dancers there but there were also quite a few who looked like they really struggled. I wonder if the routines have been made more difficult

And I can't believe about 4 juniors left mid way through the audition to go to the toilet!! Hehe .. Not seen that before!

They are the only ones announced for 2015.

I wish they would announce a rolling 12 months worth :)

So do I! I have started checking the website every few days for next year's schedule, even though I know it's too soon really. I think it was July last year.DD was lucky enough to do EYB 3 times in quite close succession but there hasn't been anywhere within reasonable traveling distance for 3 years now. She is 18 next year so it's her last chance. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a north east or north west of England venue that doesn't clash with A levels!

Oh no, what a shame. DD will (hopefully!) have gone away to university/college by then so it will be too late. Thanks for letting me know though, at least I won't be getting my hopes up for nothing. Though there might still be somewhere in the north east I guess....

Oh bless you princessandthefrog but I promise I didn't see anyone fall so you must have covered that OK

Dd was 110 bit of a shorter on the end of a line in the juniors :)

Were you in seniors? X

Yeah I was in the seniors, I didn't fall to the ground just fell out of the adage and pirouettes and stumbled a fair bit sideways. I probably was noticed because I was in the front row at the centre because I was no. 6... Lol. I still got in though so I am really happy! :D

P&F must be "the tall one" according to my DDs! (25 & 26)

I was probably taller looking compared to the people next to me as they were quite young but I'm one of the shorter ones in my class and my friends always tease me! :)

Are parents allowed to hang around and watch casting?

No, I'm afraid not. The next thing you will be able to watch is the last afternoon of rehearsals before they go into the theatre, when they do a run through without costume for the parents in whichever school is used for rehearsals. Other that, you have to leave after a short daily briefing before rehearsals begin.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...