Where to buy single Bloch shoe in Birmingham quickly

Yaffa

A ballet student currently visiting Birmingham for the day had an accident with a Bloch pointe shoe (she didn't mention the size or model) and would be grateful to know the best place to buy a single shoe by this afternoon. She'd obviously call the shop first to check about their stock, but has limited time for going from shop to shop. Thanks.

Thanks, I just heard that she's no longer looking as someone travelling to Birmingham will be bringing down another pair of her shoes from her family. But I'm curious to know if it's easy to buy a single shoe in England. I imagine it could be useful for someone who's cash strapped as long as it doesn't cost a lot more than half the cost of a pair...

At one stage DD's feet were nearly a size different from each other, we were potentially looking at buying 2 pairs of pointe shoes in different sizes as it wasn't possible to mix and match. So in my experience the answer to your question is no it isn't possible but I may be wrong. The reason for this is that supplies would be left with random different sizes, styles which could potentially be un saleable. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pointetoes said:

At one stage DD's feet were nearly a size different from each other, we were potentially looking at buying 2 pairs of pointe shoes in different sizes as it wasn't possible to mix and match. So in my experience the answer to your question is no it isn't possible but I may be wrong. The reason for this is that supplies would be left with random different sizes, styles which could potentially be un saleable. 

Thanks, this would also explain why I recall hearing that some suppliers (not  shops) sell single shoes. 

I've never heard of anywhere selling single shoes. I can't imagine there would be much demand - I would think that it would feel quite strange to dance in shoes that were at different stages of wear if you replaced one at a time. Plus of course it would leave the shop with odd, probably impossible to sell, shoes.

It must be awkward to need different sizes for each foot. I have a vague recollection of reading about some kind of registry that matches people who have the opposite odd sized feet to each other so they could swap (for street shoes rather than dance shoes though!).

My DD has different sized feet and every single shop she has been to in London, Birmingham , close to vocational school and close to home - all have suggested if she cannot find a pair that suits both feet she should buy two pairs of shoes in different sizes and use one of each pair. She has never been offered the possibility of just replacing one shoe.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pups_mum said:

I've never heard of anywhere selling single shoes. I can't imagine there would be much demand - I would think that it would feel quite strange to dance in shoes that were at different stages of wear if you replaced one at a time.

Yes but this case apparently involved a (non-ballet) accident which wrecked one shoe in an almost new pair, and I've also heard dancers reporting that a particular ballet put a  lot of strain on one shoe whereas the other did not need to be replaced. No idea how common that is.... 

54 minutes ago, Yaffa said:

Yes but this case apparently involved a (non-ballet) accident which wrecked one shoe in an almost new pair, and I've also heard dancers reporting that a particular ballet put a  lot of strain on one shoe whereas the other did not need to be replaced. No idea how common that is.... 

I'm sure my dd is not unique in having a bag of dead and nearly dead pointe shoes that she will rummage through to a make a pair from. One shoe always dies before the other. 

Company dancers have many pairs sitting in their pigeon holes ready for use. Can't imagine them contacting their maker for one shoe ever. 

Hope ballet student enjoys her day in Birmingham. She would only have found one dance shop in the city.