Wells away summer school

Flora

Would anyone who has experience of these courses be willing to share info? Keen to know how many hours of dancing a day, what the standard is (and if it is too hot to dance at the summer course?) and do the kids have a good time? Also, is the October course better heat-wise?

Many thanks 

Amazing summer school. Exceptional standard lots of high achieving non vocational students as well as white lodgers/elms etc. Classes are not huge lots of individual attention. Francesca is an incredibly gifted person in every way and she brings in fantastic members of RB company to work with the students. They have an amazing time and studio under canopy all seem to manage the heat fine. They are paced well and kept busy.

Edited by balletqs
  • Like 2

Amazing summer school. Exceptional standard lots of high achieving non vocational students as well as white lodgers/elms etc. Classes are not huge lots of individual attention. Francesca is an incredibly gifted person in every way and she brings in fantastic members of RB company to work with the students. They have an amazing time and studio under canopy all seem to manage the heat fine. They are paced well and kept busy.

I couldn't agree more.  Francesca is a fabulous teacher and the opportunity to train with Royal Ballet company and students at that level can't be underestimated.  The fact that they are in a relaxed, yet intensive environment is a big part of the appeal of this Summer school. www.wellsballetcourses.co.uk 

You will have a wonderful time.  Make sure you go in the Hammam! :)

Which week are you going?

Oh and make sure you have water and a snack ready for the long ride to Dar Danse (it is worth it when you get there!)

• Like 1

Gosh, you lucky lot! Dd has done 4 or so Wells Masterclasses in London, which were absolutely wonderful. The weeks away in Morrocco have always been wayyyyyyy out of reach financially though. If they're anything like the Masterclasses they must be brilliant.

Thank you Angel x we are going week 2. Dd won a bursary at the Christmas masterclass but didn't want to go on her own. We are really looking forward to it. I can't wait to spend time just watching her dance. I don't get to see that very often. X

My older DD has been once and will be younger DD's third time. They are going on their own for the first time but 'together' on week 2 so you will meet them.

October and that was fabulous but a much smaller group and I do feel that they gain a lot by being alongside all those other wonderful young dancers. That said, a trip in October too sounds perfect ????

• Like 2

I think if we had known others that were going that week then Dd may have been confident to go on her own. As it turns out we know a couple of girls. I may have missed out then though ! Lol !

I look forward to meeting your girls. I think my Dd knows your little dd already.

Harwel, I'm sure in some of the pictures I have seen a couple of boys. Might be worth emailing !

• Like 2

Dar Danse is my favourite place. It is so relaxing and the food is wonderful. So nice to sit in the sun enjoying the dancing too.

Lovely they will know other girls. I think by the time they are at this level they get to know quite a few. I know of at least one boy going from WL

• Like 1

Thanks all for the replies- DD is also signed up for week 2 and I am going as well as DD has never been before. 

The journey does look to be a long way - thanks for the tip Angel. I was worrying about Morocco's roads (I remember they are quite bad!) but will now not forget the food/drink too...

Thanks all for the replies- DD is also signed up for week 2 and I am going as well as DD has never been before. 

The journey does look to be a long way - thanks for the tip Angel. I was worrying about Morocco's roads (I remember they are quite bad!) but will now not forget the food/drink too...

It takes roughly 3 hours but they do make a stop along the way.  The roads aren't too bad now (the first year we went we did the last couple of miles by camel!

Just hold this thought...it IS worth it when you get there  :D

• Like 1

DS and I are going on the first week Oldermum. It's our first time too. Have to say that I'm not sure that I'd have booked it if I'd known in advance that it was 3 hours away from the airport.I don't do coaches!!!!!! We received the course info yesterday, and I'm even more worried now that I've heard that hair dryers are frowned on and that they recommend torches due to power cuts. Please feel free to tell your daughter to ask me if she needs anything. I will be the wild looking one with terrible hair. On the plus side everyone  that's been before,say what a fantastic summer school it is.

• Like 3