Dates for NYCB Châtelet 2016 residence announced

Théâtre du Châtelet announces 2015/16 season with NYCB in residence between 28/6/16 and 16/7/16.  (Hopefully this will be before the Bolshoi programmes in London.)  Works included in the three week NYCB Paris sojourn will feature choreographers such as Balanchine, Robbins, Martins, Ratmansky, Wheeldon, and Peck. Tickets go on sale from 9th June 2016.  :

http://www.zyyne.com/zh5/166634#p=35
http://chatelet-thea...nouvelle-saison

• Like 2

Théâtre du Châtelet announces 2015/16 season with NYCB in residence between 28/6/16 and 16/7/16.  (Hopefully this will be before the Bolshoi programmes in London.)  Works included in the three week NYCB Paris sojourn will feature choreographers such as Balanchine, Robbins, Martins, Ratmansky, Wheeldon, and Peck. Tickets go on sale from 9th June 2016.  :

http://www.zyyne.com/zh5/166634#p=35

http://chatelet-thea...nouvelle-saison

CORRECTION:  The date that tickets go on sale for the NYCB season in Paris at the Chatalet in 2016 is 6th September 2015 not that noted above.  

Thank you for the info - so annoying their tour is at Chatelet though not the nicest theatre!  Unless they bring something really special I think I will miss - last time they tried to bring Vienna Waltzes but it got pulled because of issues with the estate of the music's composer:-( Have to say NYCB were on great form this season just ending I enjoyed 2 of their performances very much in May.

• 3 weeks later...

A little more information about the NYCB Chatalet season.  It is to harbour 27 different ballets with a different mix of repertory each night a la the former NYCB tradition.  Nineteen ballets by Balanchine are to be presented.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

• 6 months later...

They said that they would be announcing the rep in early January....and you are right, A Frog, about the Eurostar prices! Even booking this far in advance, they are getting more and more expensive by the day.

I was told that the box office for regions one to five at the Chatelet for the summer run by NYCB would open later this month.  Nothing more specific that that I fear.  It seems that regions 6 and 7 will go on sale on the day in Paris - which is, I suppose, good as it will give more people a crack at it.  Grateful for rep notifications when anyone has them.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

• 3 weeks later...

So hard to choose between them all but I think I 've nearly got it sorted!  Just wish they had gone to another theatre so many bad sightlines in the Chatelet due to some rather peculiar high wiry barriers:-(  The Opera Bastille was perfect last time and sold out!

I'm all booked now for 3 programmes SO looking forward to it - I have picked Balanchine/Martins/Robbins, All Tchaikovsky/Balanchine and All Balanchine New York to Paris.  I had to put it all on a spreadsheet so I could see at a glance what suited LOL!  Think the pieces I am most wanting to see are Mozartiana, Western Symphony and Symphony in C.  Either way it should be a feast for the eyes :D

• Like 2

The Chatelet is a horse shoe style auditorium:-( and as A Frog says there are photos online showing view from every seat. The main issue I have is the stupid higher metal (safety?) railings and there are a lot of pillars too. The photos should help.

• 4 months later...

The full principal casting for the NYCB residency at the Chatelet is now published here.  Happily lots of chances to see Tiler Peck, Sara Mearns, et al ... Oh, and a chance for a final peek at Craig Hall who has already given his last NYC performance.

If anyone is going do let me know.  I will be at all performances and would love to meet ... (When I found out about this sojourn last year I set up a work project in Paris to coincide with the dates ... That certainly is the advantage of the foreknowledge :)

Edited by Bruce Wall