Flexistretcher

anondancer_15

Hello! 

So a while ago I discovered the flexistretcher (incase you haven't yet - take a look here http://www.flxbody.com/)and I've been wanting one they look really rather helpful with arabesques and extensions etc I feel it would be very beneficial... however they are outrageously priced, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper, just as effective alternative? 

From what I can gather, it's essentially a theraband/something elastic such as a bungee cord or two, with an adjustible luggage strap on either end! 

Edited to add: It looks like the middle section has some fabric wrapped around it. You could probably make one quite easily. If you have a long enough theraband you can tie loops around the end but then the whole thing is elasticated. The flexistretcher looks like its non-elastic strap type material on each end, that you can adjust the length of, and an elastic material in the middle.

Edited by drdance

My dd has a theraband from Decathlon. It's called an Elastiband Domyos (for Pilates and yoga) it has a useful looped end on each end she can use round her foot or hand for stretches. Reasonably priced at £9.99. Hope this may help

• Like 1

My dd has a theraband from Decathlon. It's called an Elastiband Domyos (for Pilates and yoga) it has a useful looped end on each end she can use round her foot or hand for stretches. Reasonably priced at £9.99. Hope this may help

ooh that looks good, much less hassle than trying to make one much as i do like that idea from drdance... i just need one that i can use to stretch arabesques as this is something i need to work on majorly and that looks like it'd do the trick - thank you!

• Like 1

Hi anondancer,

my dd is looking at ordering one of these too. She said they are $90 (including some other bits, dvds, massage balls etc) from the US from the Flexistretcher site - plus postage and double that price in the UK. If you find it cheaper please post here :)

If only it were easier to source these things locally!

Hi anondancer,

my dd is looking at ordering one of these too. She said they are $90 (including some other bits, dvds, massage balls etc) from the US from the Flexistretcher site - plus postage and double that price in the UK. If you find it cheaper please post here :)

If only it were easier to source these things locally!

Not sure about cheaper but Just Ballet sells them here:

http://www.justballet.co.uk/shop/exercise-and-barres/

DancerAnon 15 my dd is ten (so small still) and has a yellow band. Dd used compete in rhythmic gymnastics before giving it up to focus dance and was told to buy one by her coaches, it has been invaluable for her. I am sure the fully grown girls used the blue band. It is very good quality, stiff elastic durable material with loops the perfect size for her feet to fit in. Hope that helps.

Hi Janet McNulty, thank you for your welcome. My dd has recently become a royal ballet associate. I have joined the forum to learn more about the fascinating world of ballet

• Like 3