Moorland International Ballet Elite Programme

A Proud Mother

• 1 year later...

My son has recently started at this school having left an incredibly prestigious school. All I can say is what a change in him!! He is beginning to fall back in love with dancing again, he’s happy and gaining in confidence everyday. I cannot recommend this school highly enough. Don’t always think of the big three when looking at ballet schools as I have learnt hindsight is an amazing thing. Mr and Mrs Kidd are turning my boy back into a dancer and performer.

• Like 12

My DD doesn't attend the school, but went on Sunday to the Matthew Bourne workshop and loved it. She will be thinking about auditionsnext year for Year 7 start and has always said white lodge and elmhurst. We had never considered Moorland until now so that is good to hear. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2015 at 21:21, Lema said:

Thanks for this post as I had never heard of them before so it was nice to see different options, however I'm assuming that they don't offer funding as I can't find any info on the website about fee's or funding? Or am I missing something?? :)

My daughter goes there , they do offer bursaries x

On 24/01/2015 at 18:52, A Proud Mother said:

They have good contacts with ballet companies and being ex professional dancers do know plenty.

There students are very happy so they progress well because they are in a caring encouraging environment .

that indeed  they ( Mr and Mrs Kidd )   do... 

in the wonderful pre- covid  world  I had the pleasure of taking class with Simon Kidd at The Ballet Retreat  (DPK   had to drop out last minute so Hannah B made some calls  meaning that we  had  a double treat  of daily classes  one with Pippa Moore and  the Other with Simon kidd )

On 25/09/2018 at 10:36, Rubbishballetmum said:

My son has recently started at this school having left an incredibly prestigious school. All I can say is what a change in him!! He is beginning to fall back in love with dancing again, he’s happy and gaining in confidence everyday. I cannot recommend this school highly enough. Don’t always think of the big three when looking at ballet schools as I have learnt hindsight is an amazing thing. Mr and Mrs Kidd are turning my boy back into a dancer and performer.

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mrs Kidd ,  I have met Simon IRL  (and  taken class   as noted in my other reply )   I do think there is a risk  that people focus in certain schools ot the exclusion of others  ( although for many  the whole MDS  situation  may  mean that  they  have to ...)  

Obviously i have not seen him teach young people but  i found him to be  very engaging  and able to cope with the  vast  range of ability  you get in  the studio at TBR