Where can I find decent plain white tutus?

Pups_mum

DD has just started learning a ballet duet for festivals and I'm thinking about costumes. The dance has a swan theme, and obviously there are many absolutely gorgeous tutus to be had - if I wanted to spend several £100s. But realistically, with DD now in year 12 this dance is not going to live for years, plus there is a show coming up next year which will almost certainly require another tutu, so I don't want to go overboard with this one. So I thought I would buy some plain white tutus and decorate them myself. The problem is, I can't seem to find any that have more than about 4 layers of floppy net, and I was hoping for something a bit better than that. There doesn't seem to be anything in between those and "proper" tutus. Anybody got any ideas where I might find some?

I too want to buy a plain white tutu skirt in order to decorate it myself for a competition.  We have a DanceDirect branch here and they do sell what looks to be the same Bloch rehearsal tutu skirt, but it says that it has 6 layers.  It looks the same as the one shown in the PlanetDance catalogue - could it be that the last two frills are just short ones on the knicker part and are not counted or do they also make a 6 layered tutu? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am so thrilled !  We managed to get permission to buy five tutu skirts, so we bought the ones from Bloch and they are indeed gorgeous!  Can't wait to see them on stage on my students!  With a white leotard and perhaps some silver trim, they'll look like real tutus!  Such an improvement on our old skimpy ones, with four short frills!   Thank you, ladies, if it weren't for you, we would never have ordered them!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Well we had our mid-year show this evening and I had six girls in our new tutus (I bought a 6th one myself) and they looked amazing when they came out on stage - you could see that they felt like real ballerinas!  They danced the silver fairy variation from Sleeping Beauty in unison and it worked really well.  All the other girls were jealous, I'm afraid, but I was very happy to finally have some "proper" tutus.  So thanks again ladies!

• Like 5