Bernie Ecclestone on ballet

This is from an interview with Formula One overlord Bernie Ecclestone:

Maybe if I tried it, I'd love ballet. I just can't understand the reason why they have these girls dancing on their toes. Why don't they get taller girls? It would be so much easier.

Brilliant. :)

Edited by BristolBillyBob
  • Like 2

On a side note, he also says:

If I asked people who like ballet it they wanted to go to a Formula One race, they wouldn't particularly want to go.

As someone who has been to four F1 grand prix weekends at Silverstone, I guess I must be the exception that proves the rule...

• Like 3

The late great Russian ballerina Irina Baronova was an "avid follower" of F1 motor racing - she describes herself as such in her autobiography "Irina: Ballet, life and love."

Bernie Ecclestone doesn't do his reputation any favours making these sorts of statements. Not that I suppose he cares.

• Like 3

The late great Russian ballerina Irina Baronova was an "avid follower" of F1 motor racing - she describes herself as such in her autobiography "Irina: Ballet, life and love."

Bernie Ecclestone doesn't do his reputation any favours making these sorts of statements. Not that I suppose he cares.

I'd be more than happy to make those type of statements in abundance if I had his money!

• Like 1