ROH Period 2 (Winter) booking - experiences

I thought someone had started a thread for this during Friends' booking but can't see one, so here we go:

Well, despite Terfel, Callega, Stemme, Kaufmann and more on the opera side, this seemed to go pretty well this morning.  Not that there was much in the way of seats available, so I've only bought a grand total of 3 Swan Lakes and 3 Onegins, and may top up later if possible.  Standing tickets were available - I got a good one, surprisingly, for an Osipova Onegin - but only in the Balcony, and that was the only one I managed to lay my hands on.  Very little in the way of cheap side amphi seats.  Nunez' Onegins selling pretty well, at least among the (presumably) more impecunious members of the audience.

I was camping on the Onegin insight page before booking opened, and kept refreshing it, but it went instantly from Not on Sale to Sold Out!  Then, less than 10 minutes after that, there were seats available, so I grabbed one while the going was good.

Anyone else? 

In and out very quickly.  Only disappointed that there is a restriction to TWO tickets for Andrea Chenier.  (Oh, to be a friend and have SIX!!!!!)  So I guess I will only see it twice.  Shame ... I was hoping for a third.  May queue.  Did all my opera shopping first ... as it goes more quickly ... especially Stemme/Wagner I noticed .... but got two of those too :) .... and so missed out on standing for opening Osipova SL ... but got a £10 seat so I'll pretend I can afford it :) ... If I can grab an amphi standing for that somewhere along the line I'll sell mine and take the admin hit :)  All in all ... not bad.  No crashes .... only a few 'you missed out on this place buster ... better luck next time' messages.  Congratulations to the ROH for ironing out some of the truly appalling adventures of the recent past. 

Edited by Bruce Wall

In and out very quickly.  Only disappointed that there is a restriction to TWO tickets for Andrea Chenier.  (Oh, to be a friend and have SIX!!!!!)  

They haven't: see the Friends' booking restrictions thread.

Booking has never been so smooth, all of 10 minutes for the two Onegins I wanted. I was also on the Onegin insight page waiting hopefully and at one minute past the hour "not on sale" changed to "buy". I'm very pleased and excited, the one sour (ok, less-sweet, don't want to seem ungrateful!) note is that I was hoping to treat myself to an Afternoon Tea as well and there isn't one on that date. 

Was able to get the 5 single Onegin performances I wanted though disappointed no front row amphi left for Osipova's. Managed one for Nunez. If you're choosing 5 seats for different performances it doesn't seem to give you much time to weigh up all the options and pay but I just managed it.