Royal Ballet dancers to inaugurate the re-opening of Teatro Cristobal Colon, Bogota.

http://colombiareports.co/colombian-born-london-royal-ballet-star-perform-children-bogota/

According to Fernando Montano's tweet:

The Royal Ballet Principal Roberta Marquez, Soloists Yasmine Naghdi and Claire Calvert, Artist Mayara Magri, First Soloist Valentino Zucchetti and Soloist Fernando Montano are to dance in a three day Gala in Bogota on 25/26/27 July to inaugurate the newly renovated Teatro Colon. On Friday their performance will be dedicated to the "Children of the Andes".

Wonderful news, I hope Mr O'Hare and Ms Rojo are aware that the new Dubai opera house is due for completion in 2016. perhaps they should be offering their services now.  The world capital of bling will probably stage an inauguration gala to eclipse all others.

• Like 4

Interesting to note in one of the side articles of the above link (i.e., the one on Italian dancers leaving Italy for further experiences and a greater opportunity to practically dance), that it mentions that Mara Galeazzi will 'briefly' be returning to the RB next season as a 'principal guest artist'.  Has anyone heard any details as to this?  Perhaps I missed it in the season outline.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

Interesting to note in one of the side articles of the above link (i.e., the one on Italian dancers leaving Italy for further experiences and a greater opportunity to practically dance), that it mentions that Mara Galeazzi will 'briefly' be returning to the RB next season as a 'principal guest artist'.  Has anyone heard any details as to this?  Perhaps I missed it in the season outline.  

Galeazzi is listed as a Guest Principal in the public brochure for booking period 1.

Ludovic Ondiviela pushed to have Mara even though she was no more part of the company, and she is thrilled to be asked back.

And by the way, Nina G., the BBC got it wrong: the Teatro Solís in Mon­tevideo, Uruguay, was built thirty-six years earlier than the Bogotà theatre, and is quite beautiful (http://viajes.elpais.com.uy/2011/05/16/teatro-solis-que-lo-merezcamos/).