Tring Easter Course 2014

Happymum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Robert Downey Junior is arriving next week!

What did everyone think of the week?  DD loved it although watching the class today I thought the standard was very mixed.  DD was in D group and probably could have got away with being in a higher class. The contemporary class today was fantastic. I think someone will be having a very early night tonight!  ;)

• Like 3

My DD enjoyed the week very much, but she is veeery tired (she had a spectacular nose bleed in her last class). I have no idea how they decide who is dancing in what group but I agree that the standard was very very mixed.

My DD was a bit upset that everyone was rushing after the last class to leave the school ASAP that she couldn't say good bye to her new friends.

Buy my DD (and DS) would really like to go again next year.

It isn't usually like that Balletmum, it will be better next year.  The usual routine is a nice presentation of certificates in the theatre and then the two scholarships are given out.  I guess the prestige (and money) of having a film shot there was too much to resist!  Maybe they will pay for more scholarships for next year? Here's hoping!

PITF I think it was based on grade and also whether you are vocational.  Saw your lovely DD Angel she said she had a good week!  Does anyone know who won the scholarships for next year? 

One of the boys in group B was awarded the junior scholarship at the end of their final (modern) class. DD was thrilled it went to him; said he was amazingly talented at dance, acrobatics, being friendly and not being a show-off!

She's had a fantastic week and is already saying she wants to go next year. Her group didn't do ballet today but, according to DD, ranged from grade 2 to 4. There were some children who were doing repeated pirouttes whereas DD hadn't done one before this week.

A boy of about 8 (I guess ) won the junior scholarship in group B. I think he may have won the talent show too! I agree about the presentations today. Normally it is a lot more relaxed in the theatre and everyone recieves a certificate. Hopefully it will be the same next year. My DD enjoyed herself although I am really disappointed that I couldn't watch a ballet class today. Her group was quite mixed too. However it is purely decided on ballet grade so even if someone excels at ballet it doesn't always follow they are good at all types of dancing. Anyway DD had a great time .

A lovely (and beautifully tall) girl of about 15? won a scholarship in F.  I think perhaps my DD was the only vocational student in the group although there were some very strong dancers so perhaps I am wrong.  I saw a very promising 13 year old who is an MA and has got WL Summer School.  I will look forward to watching her progress with interest. What I loved about this course is that although it is quite obvious that my little DD got a great deal out of it with quite a few very thorough personal corrections (to the point that the ballet teacher asked during the class which adult she belonged to and proceeded to tell me what she needs to work on….blank confused stare coming from my direction hehe) she had a really fun time and made lots of friends in a place she had written off because of a bad boarding experience there when she was 10.  So happy I persuaded her to go  :) (mother knows best  ;) )

• Like 2