Tring Easter Course 2014

Happymum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD just rang...to speak to her sister! She's in orange group, and the 10-yr-old she hooked up with has moved into DD's dorm so they are now not the left-over ones. Modern then ballet this morning.

• Like 1

I feel for your poor dd, Happymum. Our boiler died yesterday and isn't being fixed till this afternoon. The temperature dipped badly last night. There's no hot water but at least we have the Aga and fan heaters. Was the heating turned off for the holidays or for the summer. It seems very hard on all the dcs!

No idea Fiz why the heating wasn't on. Hope this night will be better. And hope your boiler gets fixed soon!

Yes Taxi4b, I noticed yesterday that some groups didn't have ballet class everyday. It worried my DD but luckily her group C has a ballet class everyday.

A bit off-topic but while we're talking heating......  We never have any heating on once everyone's gone to bed (and it comes on in time to warm up the house a bit before we get up).  I only recently discovered that some people have heating on overnight, when talking to a couple of colleagues!

JulieW, it's rather healthy to have about 18*C at night so sometimes no heating over night is the best option.

But yesterday when I walked in to my DD's room at Tring to unpack her bags it was really cold, colder then in the corridor and hall downstairs and it was only 6pm. I did hope it will get warmer and said nothing to the staff. I feel guilty now that I said nothing and that I didn't pack an extra blanket as somebody suggested earlier :-(

Our heating isn't on overnight either but comes on about an hour before we get up. Thanks, Happymum, but unfortunately we need a new boiler. I do hope the heating at Tring improves for all the poor dcs!

Not good when it's cold in the evening (I wouldn't like that either - it's ok once I'm actually under the duvet!).

Wonder if the school's heating's off now that it's April - too chilly for that at the moment. Could they ask for an extra blanket do you think or is all being supplied by parents (I suspect that's the case)?

Hope they all have a good day today.

• Like 1

I hadn't realised Tring has wifi now! DD attempted to Facetime

me last night but it was too noisy in her dorm to hear( lots

of hysterical laughter!!!) . She is in group B and the girls in her dorm

seemed like a lovely bunch. They were up very early doing each other's buns.

On the cold front it was freezing in the dorm when we arrived. I had given

DD a winter duvet just in case this time. If you are concerned I would contact them

just to ask for the radiators to be turned on or a spare blanket to be found. Hope they all have a fun week.

Yes it has always been cold at night at Tring hence why I pack an extra blanket, we quickly found that out first time around.  During the day it is usually very warm and the girls have the windows open.  The helpers/house mothers are always fab and they do have extra things to hand if the children need them they just have to ask.  Onesie to bed if she has one maybe?

I'm surprised they don't have ballet every day?  It might be on the Wednesday when the day is a little shorter due to the trip?  They often have a lot of MT prior to the trip and invite someone in from the show on the Wednesday morning who is x-Tring and go through one of the routines/songs.  The week is usually well thought out and inspiring for the DC!  :)

I only took a photo of Fridays timetable so I knew what I would be watching ! Disappointingly my DD won't be doing ballet that day which is a real shame. I missed her doing it last Easter course due to childcare probs. Never mind I look forward to seeing her take part in the other classes.

Are all of you intending to be there for 8:30am on Friday? And watch classes until 3pm? The e-mail seemed to suggest that was the expectation and although I don't want DD to be the only child there without a fan-club, I can't imagine she'll want me (and DD2!) watching her for the whole 6-hours!

I asked them on Monday and they said that we can turn up at any time and watch any of the classes. No way I can make it for 8:30. I'll need to leave at 5am and am working till 9pm on Thursday! I told my DD that I'll try to come to watch the second class at 10:45.

If think they want all parents to be there at 12 to pack duvets etc while DCs are having lunch.

I will arrive just in time for the first class. I did notice on the timetable that the certificates are being presented in the individual studios rather than in the theatre altogether as they previously have done. It will make it quicker to get off site I suppose!