Leeds Royal Ballet Junior Associates

Rushed

Does anyone know where the RB JA classes are held in Leeds? My daughter will be auditioning next year and I'm just trying to get my head around logistics (public transport, car etc.) on the off chance she does get accepted, obviously I can ask her teacher but my husband has been doing the ballet run of late and keeps forgetting. Many thanks. 

Am not far from Leeds myself at the moment and spent a lovely day there yesterday. What a great city it is! It's so easy to find things and negotiate your way around whether bus or car.....(unlike York where I have been today......Ive actually found a city which hates cars more than Brighton!!) And doesn't even have a unified bus station!!!

I don't know whether the RB JA classes would be held at the Northern Ballet School in Leeds? There is also the York Dance school....more contemporary.....on the same site. It's easy to park up there if it is....at Quarry Hill and is also right opposite the Leeds Bus station (which also has a carpark right beside it).... so easy from that point of view too. I wouldn't be surprised if they are at the Northern.....yesterday there were scores of girls coming and going to and from ballet classes there so they obviously have quite a few studios and they were all in use yesterday......I had asked to see them but was told they were all in use etc.....though did manage to see the theatre there!

I was impressed that after 6pm you can park the car for just £2 for the evening in quite a few car parks near the bus station anyway very reasonable!

Simultaneous posting!!

So if its at the York school.....as you turn of the main drag you go left into St.Peters Square

The BBC will be on your left and the York dance building on your right ......with the Northern Ballet school straight ahead.

This road is the entrance to the car park there or there is another one adjacent to the Bus Station.

You should be okay for parking on the whole

Good luck with the audition!

Thank you! We live in Harrogate so only a half hour drive away which is great. I was hoping it was near the train station but that's a 20 minute walk away, definitely do-able though. Glad to hear your dd enjoyed it dancingmuppet.

Hi, The JAs in Leeds are held at Yorkshire Dance, its really easy to find, and quite a lot of parking. Straight opposite the market aswell, so got lots to look round while they are in class! The are held on a saturday, yr 6 at 9.20 and years 4/5 at 12.15. Both are 2and a half hours lesson x

• Like 1