RBS Students given RB contracts - October 2013

I noticed that Mica Bradbury's name appeared in the cast for Rite of Spring last Saturday. I know that she is/was a student at the RB Upper School and a finalist in last years YBDY competition. Does this mean that she has been given a company contract or is still a student?

She's still a student (as are the three gents who performed The Elders).

Thanks.  I did wonder.  I'm not sure if this naming of students thing is new (it happened in the previous run, too, I think - seem to remember people like Donald Thom being in there), or whether it's just been necessary to use more students in the last couple of runs.  Good for them to get a name check, of course, even if it does end up being a bit confusing as to who's joined the company or not.  I seem to remember that ENB just used to credit the 3 elders as ENBS students.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the Ballet Association newsletter there is the good news that Matthew Ball has now joined the Royal Ballet.

And, of course, Teo Dubreill is due to join the RB from ENB shortly.

There seems to have been an unusually large amount of recruitment to the RB this year.

I'm so pleased to see that Matthew Ball is finally joining RB.  I loved watching him in the school performances in 2012, and have been rather worried about him.  I look forward to spotting him on the ROH stage soon!  

There certainly has been quite an intake from RBS to RB recently, or if not directly from the school, then former RBS students having had a couple of years' experience elsewhere (e.g. Teo Dubreuil and Solomon Golding), and it's great to see.