Capezio Contempora Pointe Shoes

happy days

I have just purchased a pair of these pointe shoes for my daughter, her first pair.  When being shown where to place the ribbons the soles inside came away from the shoe by about an inch and a half.  I thought they were faulty and so did the shop assistant.  She re-ordered another pair and eventually we picked up a new pair today.  She explained to me that she has spoken to Capezio and advised that this is how they are now manufacturing this model of shoe?  Does this sound correct or am I being taken for a ride and being sold a duff pair.  I already feel a bit wary of this store as online these shoes are £39.95 and I was charged £54.99!!!!  I look forward to hearing from anyone who has recently purchased or anyone who sells these shoes. p.s. I have also contacted Capezio online and waiting for a reply but thought I would also check on this forum for advice.

Some shoes are actually manufactured like this; I remember dd trying on a Bloch pair which did it. I think they deliberately have no nail at the back of the shoe.

However, I too have been caught out by the difference between shop and online prices in Capezio. I bought a trolley bag instore which was £5 cheaper online. Apparently they are working to get the prices more in line with each other. I did get a very comprehensive and prompt reply when I complained.

I must say though that almost £15 difference is unacceptable - and £54.99 is a lot of money for pointe shoes!

• Like 2

I've not had this style of shoe, but as S&P said, I have found some styles do come away at the back - maybe you could go back to the shop and ask to see other sizes to see if they're all the same?

I understand that sometimes things are cheaper online, as those businesses may not have so many overheads. But I would expect the same company to have only a small difference! We're trying to ensure online and shop prices are the same, but nobody's perfect! Do let us know what they say :)

Sx

• Like 2

Thanks spanner.  I feel more confident about them now.  My other daughter has only ever been fitted with grishko shoes so had nothing to compare with.  Funnily enough I think I have always been charged £54.99 for all pointe shoes I have bought at this shop.  Think it's time to look elsewhere!

• Like 2

Think the new style capezio shoes have a skived shank or something so I think they are supposed to do that, otherwise mine are faulty too... £54!!! Even in the capezio store my tiffany's weren't that much. Think they should have been were around £49 without discount. I would be slightly concerned if the shop is charging you exactly the same for different makes of shoes, I know Grishko's can be more expensive but charging the same for capezio's....

I don't personally think it is unreasonable to charge more instore if they have spent a long time with you fitting the shoe. It does seem odd that all brands are the same price though! our local store don't have the prices of anything marked which I don't particularly like but I only buy soft shoes so not so bad

I wore Capezio Contempora's for many years.  I started out with Niccolini before Contemporas came on scene.  Niccolini was a bit too narrow me but looked great on.  Then in later years when Contemporas became available I threw vanity to the winds and switched.  Contempora which has a wider and much more comfortable box.  I never bought shoes online.   I would try on every pair in my size in the store and often bought as many pairs as they had that were a good fit.  That way I didn't have to worry about running  out of shoes or the store running out of my size and style.

• Like 2

These £54.99 shoes were for an 11 year old with size 3 feet.  Our local store doesn't seem to have prices displayed for pointe shoes or demi pointes either.  Looking back I'm sure I paid the same amount for freed demis.  Hmm I'm off elsewhere.  I'm feeling very foolish for not realising this earlier.

Oh, sorry if I've missed it, but was this at your local dancewear shop? I assumed you had been to the Capezio shop in London. I guess independent shops can put a markup on items, but adding an extra £15 onto the rrp seems like a lot!

That made me smile dancetaximom as even though we've been her for 3 months now the locals keep coming in and saying "oooh I hope you do well here, nothing seems to last in that shop"! ????

The building has been a selection of shops in recent years, but hey, just because woolworths, currys and Jessops have closed down, doesn't mean we'll follow! ????

• Like 8

Our local ballet shop always gives me a discount albeit very small as I order 6 pairs of tights at a time, which reminds me he hasn't contacted me to tell me they are in, must go phone him.  This makes the tights only a bit more expensive than if I order them from Dance Direct and pay postage.  I like to put a bit of business his way when I can.