What is everyone going to see for the rest of the season?

I'd be interested to know what everyone is going to see over the next few months. There is a vast amount of dance on in London (I hope that doesn't sound too London-centric).

There are several European ballet companies coming to London eg Royal Ballet of Flanders, Eifman Ballet, Ballet Precojin (not sure if I've spelt that right?). Has anyone seen any of them? Is it worth going to see them?

ENB's Beyond Ballet Russes - Programme 2

At least one of each of RB's programmes - except for Alice ;)

Happy to take more recommendations though!

Thinking of travelling up North possibly to the BRB's North-east Spring Tour, but definitely in the summer to Birmingham to see Far from the madding crowd and their Grand Tour/Faster/The Dream triple bill.

Happy to take more recommendations up till the summer though!

Thinking of travelling up North possibly to the BRB's North-east Spring Tour, but definitely in the summer to Birmingham to see Far from the madding crowd and their Grand Tour/Faster/The Dream triple bill.

The latter is also on at Sadler's Wells, isn't it?

For me, loads of Filles - well, most of the rest of the RB season, I'd imagine, assuming I can get tickets for it. ENB's Swan Lake if they announce the casting while there are still affordable tickets left. Am thinking I'll save my money on the Eifman ballets. Would be interested to see Artifact. Probably both ENB Coliseum bills, although the dates for the first one are a real pain.

I'm rather bad at actually keeping up with what's on at the moment, so would need the Sadler's Wells programme for the rest.

The Ballet Russes programmes look unmissable, especially the second one, I like every ballet . I'm very doubtful about the Boris Eifman, if there are ticket offers I might go.

It's a strong end to the season at Covent Garden, once Alice and R& J are over, the Polyphonia triple bill, Fille, La Sylphide, Prince of the Pagoda's and Birthday Offering triple bill are all outstanding IMHO, then I'm keeping out of London until San Francisco Ballet in September.

For anyone planning to see San Francisco Ballet, quite a lot of the tickets have already been sold and they're not on until September. For those who have not been to Sadler's Wells before, many shows attract a multibuy discount (20%) when two or more are booked at the same time (check the website for conditions). I've just booked for two SFB programmes, Scottish Ballet (Streetcar) and Artifact, all at Sadler's Wells and I'm going to both of the ENB Beyond Ballets Russes programmes at the Coli.

Northern Ballet are touring their Beauty and the Beast at the moment. Their season finishes with I Got Rhythm in Leeds and Norwich at the end of May/beginning of June. It's a good, fun piece to end the season!

http://northernballet.com/index.php?q=whats-on-tour

If you are thinking of going to BRB's NE midscale be aware that Durham usually sells out fast. Additionally I no longer sit in the stalls in York. Buxton is a new venue for the company (we're going).

I'm really keen to see Northern Ballet's Beauty and the Beast. The photographs of the production are stunning. I don't know whether to go to Milton Keynes in April or Woking in the Autumn (I'm feeling a bit guilty about how much I'm spending on ballet at the moment!). I've seen BRB's Beauty (and loved it). Janet, how would you compare the two productions?

Woking's the nicer theatre, IMO: MK is either a smaller version of it, or of Wycombe Swan, I can't remember which. Probably the Swan, I think. OTOH, MK has a much better shopping centre ... On the third hand, if you're driving MK is a bit of a nightmare, and if you're going by train it's a long way from the station, whereas Woking is a 5-minute walk.

Re the 2 B&Bs - obviously there is a certain similarity in the storyline because they come from the same source but they are completely different in style. NB's production has one dancer for the Prince and one for the Beast which leads to some interesting scenes where the Beast is thinking back to the way he was. I enjoy both versions but then I am a Gemini and don't feel the need to compare!