Ballet Summer Courses

Theatrefan

My daughter is a RBS junior associate and got a place on the waitlist for the summer intensive assuming chances of her getting of the waitlist are slim so looking for other possible summer courses she's 10 so she's not older enough for enb or brb courses. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or  places to look at? 

I've seen London vocational ballet school do a course does anyone know anything about them? What are their courses are like? Many thanks 

Hello @Theatrefan I've moved your request to the more appropriate Doing Dance forum and added the tag "Intensives" at the top.

If you click on that it may give you some ideas.  I don't know what area you are looking for but one of our members @tutugirl runs intensives in the summer in Yorkshire.  I'm not sure if she has any places left.

Also the Malvern Ballet Seminars seem highly regarded.

https://malvernballetseminars.co.uk

Moorland may be another possibility:  

https://moorlandballetacademy.com/programmes/summer-intensive-2024/

My DD hasn’t had personal experience of it yet but I know many young dancers who went to Malvern Ballet Seminars as their first residential intensive. The feedback I’ve heard is that it’s a very nurturing environment, even for the youngest of dancers (I know some who went the summer before they went into year 5). It always comes highly recommended. 

If you’re willing to look further afield, I noticed that more and more younger dancers are now also going overseas to attend intensives. I think the International Summer School Italia is still accepting applications https://www.fondazionemonreart.com/en/eventi/international-summer-school-italia/

It does look very good and is (I believe) affiliated with YAGP. I saw that quite a good number of British dancers attended their recent winter intensive. The summer intensive is from age 9. They offer scholarships too. They offered one to my DD but sadly she wasn’t able to take it up as it clashed with something else she had on. Class sizes seem to be fairly big (based on photos and videos I’ve seen) but you do get the big name teachers there.

42 minutes ago, Theatrefan said:

My daughter is a RBS junior associate and got a place on the waitlist for the summer intensive assuming chances of her getting of the waitlist are slim so looking for other possible summer courses she's 10 so she's not older enough for enb or brb courses. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or  places to look at? 

I've seen London vocational ballet school do a course does anyone know anything about them? What are their courses are like? Many thanks 

LVBS courses are wonderful, great teachers, some well known guest teachers. I think its particularly good for the younger ones, but older ones get lots out of them too. Its always fun and a lovely caring environment.

5 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Are you looking for residential specifically or consider daily commute? If latter whereabouts are you based roughly & how far prepared to travel? 

We are in Devon with my family in sussex so options and would look at either could combine a daily commute with a break away so open to different options.

1 hour ago, Theatrefan said:

We are in Devon with my family in sussex so options and would look at either could combine a daily commute with a break away so open to different options.

Sym dance in Tunbridge Wells have a summer intensive from 12th-15th August. It would probably be commutable from Sussex (depending which part!).