RBS Mid associate waiting list

Kitten

Hi Iam new with RBS mid associate,I would like to know what happens if your DD is on a short waiting list for Mid associate 2024 September start. Is there hope and why people are not been taken on first time round?

Hi Kitten, for RB Associates there are a limited number of places in each class.  Offers are made to fill the vacancies and those they like but don't have room for at first go on the waiting list.  Places do come up as some dancers may not take theirs up, for a variety of reasons.  Mids often sees some movement, the dancer may have been offered a place at a Vocational school, or at another Associate/CAT scheme which suits them better.  I even know of a case in a MIds class where I had pupils, of a dancer deciding that she preferred to do the sporting acitivity on Saturdays at the new Academic school she had joined for Year 7 and stopped MIds after a few weeks.

• Thanks 1

There is definitely hope. I know of two who were in vocational school at the same time and didn’t attend after the first few weeks. I know of someone who preferred another associates scheme and so left after the first two weeks of mid associates. Some “vocational type” schools prefer their students to attend Saturdays in their schools. People leave or give up their places for a variety of reasons. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BisforBallet said:

We were MA waitlist and got a place several years ago. My DD is an SA now

I’m hoping her to get it she is just ready to fly high lots of energy and new experiences x

6 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Hello @Kitten and welcome to the 

We have just returned a yr 7 mids place in Birmingham as dd is very lucky to be going to Elmhurst. Good luck to everyone on the waiting list, hopefully there will be news soon 🤞🤞

Just to add dd was on waiting list for ja last yr and got an offer in July! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1