Fernando Carratala Coloma leaving ENB after tonight

Sad that ENB loses this popular and talented soloist- and on the day of a train strike (sadly I can't go)! Very, very short notice and quite a shock really. He is dancing Don Jose in his last show with ENB tonight.  From English National Ballet's social media (couldn't find anything else on theur website).....

"Tonight we say goodbye to Soloist Fernando Carratalá Coloma, who will give his last performance with us in Johan Inger’s Carmen at Sadler’s Wells. Since joining the company in 2017, Fernando has shone in many productions, including Mats Ek’s The Rite of Spring, William Forsythe’s Playlist (EP), Kenneth MacMillan’s Song of the Earth, Tamara Rojo’s Raymonda and more. Please join us in wishing Fernando the very best in the next chapter of his dancing career!"

Edited by Emeralds

Just now, alison said:

That's a surprise. Do we know what this next chapter is?

No plans announced, sadly. I haven't checked Fernando's own social media yet though- quite a shock! 

He simply says his “thank yous and goodbyes” on his own IG account.

A very talented artist who, sadly, seems to have spent a lot of his 7 years with ENB sidelined by injury. He will be much missed.

• Like 3

I’ve mentioned this earlier on Carmen thread! As was already his last performance I didn’t think it would warrant a new thread. 

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 1

Had I known in advance, would have booked to go and see him with Emily Suzuki et al last week before the rail strikes began (even though I don't like the production at all). Had ENB announced it earlier, it would have boosted ticket sales as well (as Laura Morera's farewell did for a sluggish-selling triple bill). I found his social media posts- very sweet photos and messages of thanks to his colleagues. He will be greatly missed by fans. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alison said:

That's a surprise. Do we know what this next chapter is?

somewhere fantastic….

I saw his performance on Tuesday night and hope he continues to have a bright future ahead 

Edited by San Perregrino

I, for one, am very sorry to see him go as I was looking forward to him finally being able to dance Albrecht in Mary Skeaping's "Giselle" next season, but I am happy that he will be continuing his dance career, even if not with English National Ballet.

• Like 5

Just confirmed on Ballet Alert - Fernando and Victor Prigent are leaving for SFB:

Here is the FB post regarding the roster:  (5) In addition to our exciting 24/25 Season... - San Francisco Ballet | Facebook

The big news:  Principal Dancers Max Cauthorn & Dores Andre are returning!!

Also, promotions: 

Kamryn Baldwin, Carmela Mayo, and Joshua Jack Price are promoted to Soloist.

Apprentices Sofia Albers, Jacey Galliard, and Dylan Pierzina are promoted to the Corps De Ballet

New dancers:

Soloists

Fernando Carratala Coloma and Victor Prigent join as Soloists, having danced previously at English National Ballet

Corps De Ballet

Rebecca Blenkinsop (English National Ballet)

Jakub Groot (Czech National Ballet)

Lucas Lopez (Joffrey Studio Company

Archie Sullivan (English National Ballet)

Juliette Windey

• Thanks 3

Oh Rebecca is joining SFB then but as a corps de ballet dancer a slightly strange move in terms of career but had high hopes for her when she first joined ENB perhaps she thinks she has more chance of progression with SFB. 

Now that it has been officially announced by San Francisco Ballet, I can say how sad I am that English National Ballet is losing four very fine dancers but of course I wish them every success in San Francisco.

• Like 6