Hello there, please to meet you! My name is Miles and I have been a professional ballet dancer for over a decade now. I don’t think there is a forum for dance related internet promotions! I’d be happy to see others promote their ballet content here too. Please guide me to a promotion thread if there is one out there already but I wanted to start a thread to advertise my YouTube channel to the unique and ballet understanding users here on balletcoforum.com. 

Here is my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/@milescarrott?si=LLtZIq7FQXSWrnZ2  please feel free to watch a video before subscribing and if you enjoy my content as a pro ballet dancer I’d love to hear from you in the comments. My long videos may spark interest in true ballet lovers! Here is my latest: https://youtu.be/P4gEyAsSNss?si=O0zPMdpn_-m4niDx

The reason behind this is I’m trying to start a community that understands ballet whether you are a ballet lover, ballet dancer or interested in dance — this YouTube Channel is for you! From long documentary videos, on my life in ballet, video blogs a.k.a vlogs to short videos. 

I could use a bigger audience to guide me on what they’d like to see more of as I’ve done a lot in my career! From dancing in the royal academy of dance DVD at age 12 (still me on the syllabus), to dancing soloist and principal roles in multiple ballet companies. I’ve even been in television a few times including CBeebies when I was younger.

I’ve worked with famous dancers like Vadim Muntagirov! In fact he signed his book for me on my birthday and I danced in two productions with him as supporting cast. He even drove me somewhere once and Fumi Kaneko was in the car too! I am a HUGE fan of Vadim. I also was with Fumi a lot on stage. I saw Darcey Bussell when I was at ballet boarding school, did an Instagram live chat with Natascha Mair, taken class with Tamara Rojo and so much more!!! I’ve brushed with many ballet stars!!!

I am currently rehearsing ‘Sleeping Beauty’ with VIRAL pointe shoe painter, Autumn Klein! I have danced with her before as the Sugarplum fairy this past December for Nutcracker. I am excited to dance with her in the next coming weeks leading up to the show and will share a video about the process this year.

At 8 years old I was on the royal operahouse stage as the queens page boy in 2005’s ‘Sleeping Beauty.’ Now after years of practicing Prince Desire’s variation (solo) I am dancing the lead role in sleeping beauty. 

I’ve come a long way and accomplished my dreams a professional ballet dancer but having a platform on YouTube is another dream of mine. This year marks the year I would have danced all the classics on stage! There’s a lot of like to present to you. If you have any interest please join me for the rest of my career! I reply to comments on videos and plan to start a membership and give advice videos on ballet. 

Please watch a video on my channel. Here’s my latest video: 

Subscribe and see ballet on a personal level and you can request more you’d like to see! Ballet is a difficult world and it’s hard to work out what viewers like more — performances, video blogs, tutorials, advice, getting ready, stage make-up, male dancer topics, injury prevention, mental health…. The list goes on and I’m willing to do it all for a special community! 

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you over on my YouTube Channel! :)

https://youtube.com/@milescarrott?si=4Sym-Zkq72GxilGU

IMG_6866.thumb.jpeg.cb57e79c0a8cb4ca0b36371ace6f3d22.jpeg

IMG_6155.thumb.jpeg.5b2e3516ed5c85ba71bd2a3c1b8cfe0f.jpeg

Edited by milescarrott
Spellings, italics and additional information
  • Thanks 1

Welcomw to the Forum Miles! I think this is a great idea for a thread, thank you very much. I am looking forward to lots of suggestions from others.

Let me start by plugging the videos by the Cecchetti expert Julie Cronshaw. Here is her channel:

https://m.youtube.com/@juliecronshaw7013

As to my special interest I have a thing for the history of classical ballet so hope to learn more. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Miles, and welcome to the forum.  We are happy for this thread to go ahead, but for anybody posting please be reminded that we can only permit official videos to be uploaded onto the forum as it is a public area.  Regretfully, we will have to remove anything that is not official or properly accredited.  Thanks.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, Miles.

Before this goes any further, with my Moderator's hat on, can I remind people of what the AUP says about links to YouTube:

"Videos, photos and copyright issues The very widespread availability of videos and photographs on media websites such as YouTube, photo sharing and so-called ‘torrent’ sites which allow media downloads raises problems of acknowledgement and copyright. When links to videos and photos are made on this site it is the member's responsibility to satisfy themselves that rights are respected. We reserve the right to remove links where we believe this not to be the case."

Basically, you need to make sure that any links you post are from sites showing the owner's videos rather than pirated versions (e.g. the ROH website for videos of the Royal Ballet, not xxxxxxxxx.ru), otherwise the links will be removed. This also applies to other people's legitimate sites: if they in turn have linked to videos for which we don't think they own the copyright, those may be removed too.

• Thanks 2

There is indeed an amazing amount of video on YouTube, including historic film of performances. I have a particular fondness for those clips of dancers from the early part of the last century. I try to only link / embed link directly to 'official' sites or owner sites where it's clear they haven't 'ripped off' from official sites / DVDs / cinema relays.  That's my interpretation of this site policy?  Copyright is complex! I'm sure the Royal Opera House doesn't actually object to short clips uploaded on YouTube as it's all great publicity, and those seem to be left alone, but uploads of full ballets after cinema relays (it happens, Don Q with Magri was recently enjoyed by many until the ROH served a copyright notice on YouTube) are removed promptly 

When there is something I think fits a topic and is illustrative / wider interest and is a grey area perhaps give clues to what to search with no direct live ink?

Currently, for my own interest, I'm searching to find / watch as many MacMillan ballets & excerpts as I can, he was such a prolific choreographer and so little of it is now performed. 

An example:  Youtube channel quillerpen has an upload (not great quality) MacMillan  Chanson  So a search 

quillerpen Chanson 

via Google or YouTube should mean it is found if anyone wants to watch.  

This haunting pas de deux features Royal Ballet principals David Wall and Alexandra Ferri in a piece choreographed by Kenneth Macmillan.

And this is an example of a link to YouTube the ROH 'official' channel. It's not actually uploaded onto this site. I chose to have the preview visible here rather than simply the URL link as then you can see what you're getting before you click to watch. (This is so lovely BTW!) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Geoff said:

Welcomw to the Forum Miles! I think this is a great idea for a thread, thank you very much. I am looking forward to lots of suggestions from others.

Let me start by plugging the videos by the Cecchetti expert Julie Cronshaw. Here is her channel:

https://m.youtube.com/@juliecronshaw7013

As to my special interest I have a thing for the history of classical ballet so hope to learn more. 

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for the response! I could learn more about cecchetti so I will check it out. I mainly studied RAD but I have friends who know a lot about cecchetti and it would be interesting to get a better understanding of it. I haven’t used forums in quite a long time so I’m just working out to reply on here! :) 

I talk about history a little bit on my channel and I have a ‘Dancing Through The Decades.’ Video here: 

It comes out on the 1st of April! Feel free to subscribe so you don’t miss it. I can recommend another one of my favourite history channels but it’s not about dance. Would you like to know what it is anyway @Geoff? :) 

11 hours ago, Sim said:

Hi Miles, and welcome to the forum.  We are happy for this thread to go ahead, but for anybody posting please be reminded that we can only permit official videos to be uploaded onto the forum as it is a public area.  Regretfully, we will have to remove anything that is not official or properly accredited.  Thanks.

Thank you for letting me know! :) I did email in the contacts section to ask if this type of thread was allowed. I have not got an Official response yet but I am happy that you and a few others have replied here. These are just the kind of people I want to reach who read and know about dance. Thank you for responding and for the warm welcome!!!💐

11 hours ago, alison said:

Welcome to the forum, Miles.

Before this goes any further, with my Moderator's hat on, can I remind people of what the AUP says about links to YouTube:

"Videos, photos and copyright issues The very widespread availability of videos and photographs on media websites such as YouTube, photo sharing and so-called ‘torrent’ sites which allow media downloads raises problems of acknowledgement and copyright. When links to videos and photos are made on this site it is the member's responsibility to satisfy themselves that rights are respected. We reserve the right to remove links where we believe this not to be the case."

Basically, you need to make sure that any links you post are from sites showing the owner's videos rather than pirated versions (e.g. the ROH website for videos of the Royal Ballet, not xxxxxxxxx.ru), otherwise the links will be removed. This also applies to other people's legitimate sites: if they in turn have linked to videos for which we don't think they own the copyright, those may be removed too.

Thank you Alison! :) 
That makes perfect sense to me. Does that mean my video I shared to @Geoff (Dancing Through The Decadea) isn’t allowed on here? Just because some of the songs I danced to for each decade have been cleared by YouTube (it took some work) but they aren’t my songs! For example the 1960s decade is sung by Shelley Fabares. Please let me know but I appreciate your response to this thread very much!💐

10 hours ago, Roberta said:

There is indeed an amazing amount of video on YouTube, including historic film of performances. I have a particular fondness for those clips of dancers from the early part of the last century. I try to only link / embed link directly to 'official' sites or owner sites where it's clear they haven't 'ripped off' from official sites / DVDs / cinema relays.  That's my interpretation of this site policy?  Copyright is complex! I'm sure the Royal Opera House doesn't actually object to short clips uploaded on YouTube as it's all great publicity, and those seem to be left alone, but uploads of full ballets after cinema relays (it happens, Don Q with Magri was recently enjoyed by many until the ROH served a copyright notice on YouTube) are removed promptly 

When there is something I think fits a topic and is illustrative / wider interest and is a grey area perhaps give clues to what to search with no direct live ink?

Currently, for my own interest, I'm searching to find / watch as many MacMillan ballets & excerpts as I can, he was such a prolific choreographer and so little of it is now performed. 

An example:  Youtube channel quillerpen has an upload (not great quality) MacMillan  Chanson  So a search 

quillerpen Chanson 

via Google or YouTube should mean it is found if anyone wants to watch.  

This haunting pas de deux features Royal Ballet principals David Wall and Alexandra Ferri in a piece choreographed by Kenneth Macmillan.

And this is an example of a link to YouTube the ROH 'official' channel. It's not actually uploaded onto this site. I chose to have the preview visible here rather than simply the URL link as then you can see what you're getting before you click to watch. (This is so lovely BTW!) 

I completely agree with you and actually in response to historic performances I was amazed to find some original works by George Balanchine from 1960 (full versions of ballets) uploaded to YouTube! I watched his ‘Allegro brillanté’ and one my favourites ‘concerto Barocco’ which I got to dance once and it was a dream role! 

I adore macmillan works. The royal ballet is just a worldwide treasure. Do you like Balanchine works too?