Tring Park Auditions

lt070809

Hey everyone! I did my Tring Park audition last week, and I believe it went so well. I had so much fun and I think I really danced from my heart. I am very aware they have many more auditions still, but I was wondering if anyone who’s auditioned before could tell me who long the wait typically is. As well as, if it’s a good sign if they email early/late if you know what I mean. Thank you!! It’s the Sixth Form by the way!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who’s been offered a place able to give any advice please. My daughter has been offered a place for September to go into year 8. I’m so torn what to do. And we don’t know anybody that has been this young to ask. It’s also crazy expensive so a bit of me is wondering did she get offered because she paying or is it hard to get a place even at that age? Any idea much appreciated 

27 minutes ago, hardings3 said:

Has anyone who’s been offered a place able to give any advice please. My daughter has been offered a place for September to go into year 8. I’m so torn what to do. And we don’t know anybody that has been this young to ask. It’s also crazy expensive so a bit of me is wondering did she get offered because she paying or is it hard to get a place even at that age? Any idea much appreciated 

Hi. My daughter was offered a place year 7 which we didn’t end up taking as wasn’t right at the time. She auditioned again year 9 and got a place. We know plenty of people who’ve had ‘no’s’ so she absolutely didn’t get a place because she might pay - all the dancers are a great standard so don’t take away from the achievement of the offer. You also need to remember that they can’t offer to more people than they have room for  as (though unlikely) what if everyone said yes?! Year 8 isn’t a main year entry either so even less spaces than say the year 7 intake. 
you need to do what’s right for you and your family but congrats for the offer and if she doesn’t take it this time then she’s clearly on the right track and if it’s right for her in one or two or more years time she’ll have offers then 

Edited by Macy1
  • Thanks 1

My son goes to Tring. The school is amazing and they really go out of their way for the kids. He got a scholarship and we wouldn't have been able to go without it. He's on the PF course. The best decision we ever made. He started in year 9. X

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hardings3 said:

We were accepted year 7. There were only a couple I know of got funding in that year group the rest of us were fee paying. 
Yes, it’s expensive. What I didn’t take into account was the cost of every Exeat as we are quite a distance - travel and accommodation every three weeks in addition to fees, billings and Edmunds for the uniform - Never paid so much for a school blazer in my life. 

Cost aside, well done to her. Not many spots in Year 8. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t think it matters but as they’ve seen you in the ballet class already, it’s quite nice to show versatility and adaptability by offering another style especially contemporary/jazz/ lyrical. Tring is very strong classically but also produces very versatile dancers.