Full Corsaire from Mikhailovsky

32 minutes ago, aqualia2008 said:

You can give me your opinion, if you want.

Aqualia, do you know if this is an official video or a pirate video?  As you know, we only permit official videos to be posted here due to copyright issues.  We have hidden it until its provenance is clarified. 

I’m still not clear what accounts for an “official” video. 
If a ballet company for example posts a video of a trailer for their current ballet programme on their website does that account as an “official” video? 

3 minutes ago, LinMM said:

If a ballet company for example posts a video of a trailer for their current ballet programme on their website does that account as an “official” video? 

If a company posts any of its own content, I think it is legal. It is when a third party puts something up that it becomes questionable, I think

15 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Yes.  If the company has posted its own video (trailer or otherwise) on its website it is definitely official.

In this case we have been told that the director of the Mikhailovsky authorised the video, in which case it is fine to allow it here.

• Like 1

I have just watched up to the famous pas de trois, usually pas de deux for Galas. It is a very jolly production with some fabulous dancing! The filming is from one fixed camera which pans in and out and follows the movement across the stage. Feels more like a simple record rather than a professional production with multi camera angles and cutting between shots. I rather like it as you don't get frustrated by missing bits. 

Would recommend it!

• Like 2

Actually, there were many different versions of Le Corsaire in the last seasons. The Ruzimatov version was premiered in 2009. Then a totally different production by Messerer in 2016. I can send some videos from this one, if you want... Then Ruzimatov again from 2019 i think... And the Dolgushin version from the spring 2023, I haven't watched it...

Edited by aqualia2008

Hi there

Thanks for answering so quickly. I don't know Le Corsaire that well. I love the Jardin anime scene though. It is splendid in the reconstructed Bolshoi version.

I think that it is one of those ballets that ages rather badly, but it does depend on the context. If one sees it in the spirit of a swashbuckling old Hollywood film, then it is very enjoyable. However, we shouldn't rewrite History just because it does not reflect our modern attitudes. 

The Past is a foreign country, they do things differently there.  I would love to see some excepts if the moderators agrees as I don't want to upset anybody. Thanks for offering though.

On 22/11/2023 at 12:09, aqualia2008 said:

Ekaterina Borchenko

Oksana Bondareva

Mikhail Sivakov

Andrey Yakhnyuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Vi3mrs7D0

6 minutes ago, aqualia2008 said:

There are some fabulous dancing moments here... For example, Borchenko doing fouettés in 43:00 and her Jardin anime variation in 1:18:40

Hi, I think that you have uploaded the same link as the top post

3 hours ago, aqualia2008 said:

Sim, what do you think? Can I share some video excerpts from the Messerer version that is out of repertoire from 2019?

Hi Aqualia.  The issue is not whether the production is out of repertoire; the issue is whether the video is official.  If it is, and it's on a public website, it's fine to post it here as long as you give the credit for the video.  Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 22/11/2023 at 09:09, aqualia2008 said:

Ekaterina Borchenko

Oksana Bondareva

Mikhail Sivakov

Andrey Yakhnyuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Vi3mrs7D0

I like It a lot , is very funny , first time I see Corsaire from Mikhailovsky and is great , Ekaterina and Oksana address very virtuous... Is now one of my favorites Corsaire