Ballet physio -London

Betty

...my dd went through a phase where her hip would click when she did extensions! Didn't hurt but not a nice sound! Just to reassure with her it was absolutely fine (bit of tightness) and it did pass.....come to think of it she hasn't had this for the last 2 years now...but always good to see a physio to get checked out xx 

From a mum who’s D’s clicky hip went from ‘just one of those things’ to ‘this is sticking’ to ‘this is now painful’ you are doing the right thing.  I took her to a regular physio when it first started, she was given excercises for tightness, but not necessarily the right ones for a hypermobile ballerina.  My DD started vocational school, and it became painful.  She went to the school physio, it wasn’t an injury, but it was starting to limit her extensione etc.  She did need physio, sports massage and her own excercise programme.  She is now so much stronger than she was.  

I’ve heard good things about The Ballet Physio too.

I would recommend doing your research very carefully and thoroughly especially if finances are a consideration (ie if you think your DC would need to see a physio fairly regularly or if you need to pay for the sessions yourself rather than it being covered by a school). When I looked around for physios, I was quite shocked at the hourly rate of some of them. There are a lot of little known gems out there. I tend to ignore social media and prefer to check company and school staff lists. I eventually found one, a former company physio, who charged almost half the rate of some of the other physios I’ve seen. And this physio’s rate was not by the hour but rather by the session, whether this be an hour or two. Having said that, this was quite some time ago. For someone who has more than one child and a lot of other expenses, I would not be able to afford it if my DC needed to see some of the physios I’ve looked into regularly (not that my DC sees one regularly, but I can just imagine how much it would cost if someone had to pay for weekly physio sessions out of their own pockets!).

• Like 1

Osteopath Margaret Papoutsis, has been treating dancers for decades now, take a look at the Dance related page on her website.

https://www.margaretpapoutsis.co.uk/dancers.html

I have been seeing Mararet for years, she was recommended to me by a dance professional in Paris.  She is based in South Norwood, London and is a ten minute walk or short bus ride from Norwood Junction railway station