Auditions Upper School 2024

Ballet Saga

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If schools are giving out these long medical forms they need to be more mindful of just how difficult it is to get an appointment with a doctor in under two weeks these days and give them out in plenty of time for them to be completed etc. 

Even when you are ancient and in possible danger of developing pneumonia it’s difficult getting even an emergency appointment these days. I was told on a wet and windy day recently to go 5 miles into town to a walk in centre if wanted an urgent doctors consultation even though live just half a mile from GP 😳
I didn’t of course.
I don’t know whether such walk in centres would work for these forms in an emergency as they might want the Family’s GP to at least sign it….though would have thought the nurse could actually do it. 

28 minutes ago, LinMM said:

If schools are giving out these long medical forms they need to be more mindful of just how difficult it is to get an appointment with a doctor in under two weeks these days and give them out in plenty of time for them to be completed etc. 

Even when you are ancient and in possible danger of developing pneumonia it’s difficult getting even an emergency appointment these days. I was told on a wet and windy day recently to go 5 miles into town to a walk in centre if wanted an urgent doctors consultation even though live just half a mile from GP 😳
I didn’t of course.
I don’t know whether such walk in centres would work for these forms in an emergency as they might want the Family’s GP to at least sign it….though would have thought the nurse could actually do it. 

Is there still such a thing as a family GP? I don’t think any member of our family has ever seen the same GP twice. These days you feel super lucky to get an appointment at all with anyone.

• Like 3

Yes it’s usually the Practice you are actually registered with that they might be interested in rather than an individual Doctor. 
These days making “routine”  appointments is usually okay though you can wait longer than two weeks  to see a particular doctor but when you really need to see a doctor because you are actually ill appointments are non existing!! 

The reality is that you have to sort something out privately. It’s a long form of several pages and requires the doctor to sign off that the patient is in good health in their opinion. Considering the physical and mental health issues that young dancers can be suffering I think it’s probably not a bad idea. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ruby Foo said:

Is there still such a thing as a family GP? I don’t think any member of our family has ever seen the same GP twice. These days you feel super lucky to get an appointment at all with anyone.

These forms are not usually part of the NHS therefore it is a case of booking and paying privately (just from my experience). But I know ENBS were happy to accept another medical form which had already been organised. 
Good luck with the auditions everyone. 

Hi Tiaramum the results to the final audition came out quickly last year, after about a week. Unfortunately with waiting lists it’s hard to predict, factors affecting it include where you are on the list as well as timings such as deadlines for other places offered, plus Dada awards. I guess everyone has to weigh up which offers they want to take. Good luck ! 

• Like 1