SI Whitelodge - what to take?

Laura_ballet

My daughter has already started making a list for what to pack and here is what we have so far:

- sliders 

- towel/hair towel

- hair products 

- bun stuff ( gel, hairspray, pins, bun nets ) 

- washing bag (shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, moisturiser, Vaseline) 

- sheets for single bed 

- blanket 

- pillow 

- leotards

- tights 

- phone and charger (on wish list !)

anything else to add to list from past experience of SI 

• Like 1

• Jan McNulty changed the title to SI Whitelodge - what to take?

Feminine items. No matter the age.
Easy to overlook if you don’t think they are needed yet or dates don’t match.
Mother Nature can sometimes have other ideas 😉

Small sewing kit. A couple of needles already threaded is helpful. Just enough to reattach ribbons or elastics and some safety pins when there’s no time to sew. Not too sure if staff are on hand to help or expect pupils to do this but always good to be prepared. 

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 2

On 17/07/2023 at 16:43, Thelittleswans said:

Any idea if they have to bring snacks ? Or is there a tuck shop? Do they need to bring any money? 

You’re not supposed to bring food into the rooms so no snacks. 
No tuck shop but they feed the children very well. Including a snack before bed. 

3 minutes ago, Graceful said:

You’re not supposed to bring food into the rooms so no snacks. 
No tuck shop but they feed the children very well. Including a snack before bed. 

Not from personal experience as my DD has never attended in the past but oddly enough this is what a number of mums whose DDs attended the last few years’ top tip for me - separately (!) they strongly advised me to pack my DD a lot of snacks. Apparently they’re told not to bring snacks but lots do which helped as the young dancers were always peckish. Obviously I’m not sure if tuck will be considered contraband and be confiscated but I might risk it and pack my DD some as she literally has a bottomless pit and is always hungry despite eating full meals. Maybe this is why they advised me this, because they know my DD all too well. A couple also told me to pack a portable fan as apparently there is no air conditioning and it can get quite hot in the rooms.  This confused me a bit as I’m not sure if they meant hand held battery-operated ones or proper desk-type ones!?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Not from personal experience as my DD has never attended in the past but oddly enough this is what a number of mums whose DDs attended the last few years’ top tip for me - separately (!) they strongly advised me to pack my DD a lot of snacks. Apparently they’re told not to bring snacks but lots do which helped as the young dancers were always peckish. Obviously I’m not sure if tuck will be considered contraband and be confiscated but I might risk it and pack my DD some as she literally has a bottomless pit and is always hungry despite eating full meals. Maybe this is why they advised me this, because they know my DD all too well. A couple also told me to pack a portable fan as apparently there is no air conditioning and it can get quite hot in the rooms.  This confused me a bit as I’m not sure if they meant hand held battery-operated ones or proper desk-type ones!?

My DC is constantly hungry and didn’t feel the need for snacks outside of what they offered. It was constant food they said! 

As to a fan, last year my DC took a rechargeable one. It was quite powerful but didn’t need to be plugged in. That was during the heatwave so it was essential. But I don’t think it’s going to be as bad this year.