JA appearing in performances

littledancer99

Sometimes an email is sent out asking if London and Eastleigh kids want to audition and then you come to Covent Garden for the audition. Sometimes a person will come and watch class and pick and then with the boys I’ve heard they just ask specific kids if they think they fit the role. 

Edited by Mumof1

My daughter was very lucky to audition for 4 works by the Royal Ballet/BRB during her first year as a JA: The Light of Passage, Nutracker (BRB), Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. Potentially could have danced with company 4 times in less than a year! I believe this is more than usual however opportunities are definitely available for JAs and a lovely experience if they get chosen 

I think it is the sheer logistics of travel, so RB limit it to people who don't live too far away.  Years ago one of my boy JAs was invited to audition to be a page in Sleeping Beauty or Swan Lake (not sure which). His JA teacher warned it was quite a commitment and when the parents saw the schedule of rehearsals and performances they decided it would be too much.