Royal Ballet promotions (and joiners and leavers) 2023!

One PdL winner appears to be joining the RB:

https://www.prixdelausanne.org/schools-companies2024/

Glad to see two are joining the ABT Studio Co. Seems to be a very exciting and vibrant company for young dancers.  I often see Instagram stories and YouTube videos posted by the dancers and they appear very happy and settled and a good number go on to ABT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Glad to see two are joining the ABT Studio Co. Seems to be a very exciting and vibrant company for young dancers.

Definitely - when they performed as part of the 2022 Next Generation festival, it was the best performance out of all in my opinion. I would love to see them live again.

• Like 2

I see Paloma has gone to ABT who was one of the few who really stood out in February. I know splitting hairs here as all obviously have a good standard but that little bit extra!! 
Annoyingly the picture above this info is of 2023 winners not this years! 

Edited by LinMM

12 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Definitely - when they performed as part of the 2022 Next Generation festival, it was the best performance out of all in my opinion. I would love to see them live again.

I was so gutted to miss that. Keeping an eye out when they’re back. There’s just a vibrancy and energy to them that’s very obvious in their performances and the little behind the scenes videos some of the dancers post.  They all seem very strong in contemporary pieces too.

• Like 1

Looks like I did pick up on Airi Kobayashi and Martinho Lima Santos back in February as well as Paloma. 
I see the French dancer I thought might be a fit for the RB has gone to the Swedish Ballet. 

• Like 1

Actually the photo above Prix de Lausanne announcement of where winners are going is of 2024 competitors my mistake ..thought I’d recognised a 2023 dancer and jumped to conclusions. Only mentioning here because of above comment but otherwise there’s a Prix thread to discuss anything further. 

Edited by LinMM