Early Ticket Release - Ballet Nights Exclusive Access

Hello BalletCo Forum!

BALLET NIGHTS will be releasing its Autumn 2023 season Exclusive Access Mailing List tomorrow at midday.

With confirmed acts including current and former Principals and artists of the Royal Ballet, English National Ballet, Scottish Ballet, Northern Ballet, Rambert, Studio Wayne Macgregor, Acosta Danza and more... sign up below for a chance to book our unrivalled Stageside Seating experience - including our Backstage Pass event where you can meet, mingle and get your photograph taken with then most exciting movers and shakers in Classical Ballet, Neo-Classical and Contemporary Dance.

Mailing List Sign Up: https://www.balletnights.co.uk/exclusiveaccess

I can't wait to welcome you all to the Lanterns Studio Theatre this Autumn... and neither can our artists!

Jamiel Devernay-Laurence

logo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdflogo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdflogo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdf

Edited by Jamiel Devernay-Laurence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamiel Devernay-Laurence said:

Hello BalletCo Forum!

BALLET NIGHTS will be releasing its Autumn 2023 season Exclusive Access Mailing List tomorrow at midday.

With confirmed acts including current and former Principals and artists of the Royal Ballet, English National Ballet, Scottish Ballet, Northern Ballet, Rambert, Studio Wayne Macgregor, Acosta Danza and more... sign up below for a chance to book our unrivalled Stageside Seating experience - including our Backstage Pass event where you can meet, mingle and get your photograph taken with then most exciting movers and shakers in Classical Ballet, Neo-Classical and Contemporary Dance.

I can't wait to welcome you all to the Lanterns Studio Theatre this Autumn... and neither can our artists!

Jamiel Devernay-Laurence

logo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdf 11.52 kB · 5 downloads logo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdflogo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdf 11.52 kB · 5 downloads

hi Jamie

this is potentially exciting and of interest to forum members including myself. 
ROH booking for Autumn 2023 opened today for certain levels of Friend and is open in the coming days to all. 
Your last event suffered because it clashed with an RB night. It’d be great if this could be avoided again. Or, if you have dates for your performances you could let us know now so that we can plan as we book our RB Autumn season dates. Many thanks 

Peter 

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Jamiel Here!

Thank you for replying and I agree we must be sure to programme around those supporting companies who are allowing their leading artists to take part in what I hope will become a complimentary platform to the main stage and designed to further enhance those experiecnes.

Our season to be announced includes multiple performances (... all i can share until tomorrow :) ) and will feature the biggest stars of those companies mentioned that may also be performing on those dates. I am confident you will be able to make at least one of them, but lets wait and see (email me and my team anytime at jamiel@balletnights.com ) ;) 

Think of us as the Jazz club for Ballet, an experience right up close to the stage (you couldn't get closer without a pair of tights!) and a place you can visit when the jam packed premiere season just isn't enough!

ALL will be revealed tomorrow via Exclusive Access... 

Jamiel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jamiel Devernay-Laurence said:

Hello BalletCo Forum!

Jamiel Devernay-Laurence

logo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdf 11.52 kB · 6 downloads logo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdflogo - rectangular dark black-compressed.pdf 11.52 kB · 6 downloads

Congratulations on your initiative Jamiel.  But please don’t shoot yourself in the foot by being too ‘secretive’ or exclusive. People need as much timing, programming and casting information as possible in order to be enthused to book.

Incidentally, I have just tried to register with you but I have no idea whether or not I succeeded as, having pressed SUBMIT, I was besieged with information about the need to renew with VeriFLY.

Edited by capybara

21 minutes ago, capybara said:

Congratulations on your initiative Jamiel.  But please don’t shoot yourself in the foot by being too ‘secretive’ or exclusive. People need as much timing, programming and casting information as possible in order to be enthused to book.

Incidentally, I have just tried to register with you but I have no idea whether or not I succeeded as, having pressed SUBMIT, I was besieged with information about the need to renew with VeriFLY.

Hiya,

Sorry if appearing mysterious!

So we are opening the tickets almost 4 months in advance, which I hope will be notice enough, but this is fantastic feedback and I can bear that in mind for our Spring season of shows.

These are less 'secrets' and more of a press embargo at the moment, as many of our acts require their scheduling and alignment to be in place for us to announce. I have

been working with the artists and our team to ensure we can reveal 99% of the program at launch.

HOWEVER one of our Royal Ballet principals has specifically requested to keep a surprise for the show itself. This is all about the artists telling their stories, their way.

Our exclusive access sign ups will receive the news tomorrow at midday, and if you message me your email address I can have our marketing team add you to the mailing list if easier. So sorry the sign up is acting up for you.

"Exclusive Access" is the title given to our mailing list followers where we release tickets ahead of the press release and public awareness going live.

I hope that clears some of the mystery up, and please do let me know if you have any more questions. I want to give you and the ballet fans across the world the best experience possible!

Jamiel

• Like 3

Hi Fiona,

By now I do hope our early access email has reached you :)

If you click each Programme - BALLET NIGHTS 001, BALLET NIGHTS 002 and BALLET NIGHTS 003, you will find we have 3 exciting jam packed programmes, featuring a few suprises.

Please do DM if having any difficulty finding all 3?

Jamiel

Thank You to all those DMing regarding the release of the BALLET NIGHTS PODCAST, "En Pointe" Blog launching with Steven McRae on Tuesday and our upcoming Youtube Channel content.

After months of work in planning, one thing I have realised is that this is alot of NEW at once!

By signing up to Exclusive Access you will ensure you hear about what we are up to first, and before anyone outside of my team, so when there is something to 'Know' that is where it will be.

At our launch we had dancers announce retirements, announce their choreographic careers and be seen in ever more nuances ways in the up close form factor, and Exclusive Access will be no different.

Jamiel

I have a feeling that these prices have been set too high. The stage side option is a great idea but possibly beyond the reach of fans who would appreciate that opportunity.

Saying this to try to be helpful because I realise that Ballet Nights is still feeling its way into a new (and valued) initiative.

• Like 1

Hi Silke H,

I think there may be a confusion here between our 2021 concept launch poster and 2023 Autumn Season of Shows.

Please DM me where you found the previous poster info, and I will have my team ensure its removed!

Thank you for assisting us during our early setup/announcement phase!

2 hours ago, Silke H said:

Hi @Jamiel Devernay-Laurence the poster advertises £45 tickets, but all of the shows only offer tickets from £65 (regular) to £131.97 (stageside).  I am confused. 

1 hour ago, capybara said:

I have a feeling that these prices have been set too high. The stage side option is a great idea but possibly beyond the reach of fans who would appreciate that opportunity.

Saying this to try to be helpful because I realise that Ballet Nights is still feeling its way into a new (and valued) initiative.

1 minute ago, AnnabelCharles said:

I also think it's a great initiative. I've booked a ticket for 30th September and am looking forward to it. I agree the prices seem a little high - but value is partly subjective .... so want to give it a try and see what I think. 

Hi Capybara, Annabel and Silke,

The relaunch of BALLET NIGHTS goes beyond any single show, and as a new startup we are in the process of introducing audiences to a brand new 'Ballet Universe,' designed to enhance audience experiences beyond the traditional platforms, and provide a complimentary outing to those opera house main stages.

This is a lot to explain in any single post, and I highly recommend attending my webinar with The London Ballet Circle in August where I can address many of these questions directly.

However to see these prices at face value is a bit misleading, and each of our seating positions - REGULAR, SILVER, GOLD, STAGESIDE - includes an array of experiences and extras - yet ALL include viewing dance up close and in the Lanterns Studio Theatre "Theatrical Widescreen" format. With our Stageside seating, you will not find an experience close short of dancing in the work itself. 

During the year that ENO and ENB were appearing in articles regarding why they aren't needed if we already have an RO or RB - My immediate thought out loud was .... "How many football stadiums are there in London? Are they short of audience/support/fans? What do they charge for their experience?"

There are of course a wealth of topics in response, but the thing that strikes me most is the fact that we ALL know that if the ball goes in the net... its a GOAL! 

My mission is to now create that level of experience but in a different arena - for existing ballet fans and new dance audience alike to celebrate. This is a new pastime for those interested in Ballet, and Ballets biggest fans, and not something that can be made fair comparison with existing platforms and pricing - as many of our former audience members can attest to.

As the 'Jazz Club' for dance, and beyond our uniquely compèred evenings of Classical Ballet, Neo-Classical Ballet and Contemporary dance - there are chances to see the performers live in rehearsal & tech (to be announced), on screen via our BTS features coming this July/August, to see and listen to via our podcast and read about in our "En Pointe" Blog.

Then once in the Live Show experience of BALLET NIGHTS 00X you are led on a journey by the compère, hearing from the artists directly via their personal stories being shared, in new works in which they have not often been seen and in the fully immersive atmosphere of our other star on show each night - the venue.

Backstage Pass offers you that chance to meet and mingle with the stars both established, emerging and newly discovered - hear from them directly and meet the wider network of record labels, designers, choreographers and directors who have contributed towards making this new dance pastime what it is.

We are not however programming yearlong seasons of dance with a full dance company selling to 2000+ seater auditoriums. That is why our mission is to offer something different in our 300 seater intimate setting.

My final thought on the matter would be to see past my own involvement, and look to the entire team of 25+ artists (and growing) who have all collaborated closely on what they want this experience to be for our audiences - with Steven McRae's blog on Tuesday explaining in his own words what he is drawn to the new platform.

We are moving beyond costing a single experience, and towards placing a value on celebrating those dance artists all year long.

Please do continue to share your thoughts on this, as YOU are the fans and thats who we want getting as much as possible out of the platform.

Jamiel

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Hi - love the sound of this & some very good comparative points raised!

But as a non tech-savvy person, can you please put put on here links to go straight to the podcasts & to the 'En Pointe' blog 

Thanks!

HI Peanut68,

ABSOLUTELY! we are shooting those today and tomorrow with some of our Artists - as I type one going on now :) - and more over the coming month.

I will be creating a new thread for the podcast, launching mid to late July, and one for the blog, launching tomorrow, and if you sign up here you will also receive an email notifying you of whats out as-it-happens - www.BalletNights.com

You can expect "En Pointe" with Steven McRae Tomorrow, and Melissa Hamilton Thursday :)

The Artists can't wait to share their stories with you!

Jamiel

• Thanks 1

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone in this thread, and those who have been DMing me to help us get the ticket page to where it needs to be, and during our recent spell of technical difficulty.

All 3 programmes are now available and should be easier to comprehend and book, including what is included in each of the Ticket Tiers.

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/balletnights

The feedback from members of this forum is extremely valuable, and I look forward to releasing more info this week, including the launch of our podcast series.

Jamiel

• Like 1