BRB: online Apollo rehearsal, May 24th

BRB live: Apollo rehearsal with Carlos Acosta and Patricia Neary.

On Facebook Wednesday 24 May

w660_1334961_apolloimagemainfull.jpg

Carlos Acosta and leading Balanchine dancer of her generation, Patricia Neary, share their experience and knowledge as they coach the company dancers taking on these iconic roles for the first time.

Watch it live on our Facebook page from 7pm BST next Wednesday 24 May

Oops, clashes with the RB Sleeping Beauty live relay :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes, there I was getting excited for a minute.  Unfortunate planning....I hope they keep it on their website for a while so that those of us who can't see it at the time can see it afterwards.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed just watching this (still available to view).

Yes. Shame it wasn't longer!   Mr Balanchine with Brandon Lawrence and Céline Gittens, coaching from Patricia Neary and Carlos Acosta, how special is that? And the music!

What a loss to British ballet is Brandon Lawrence. 

I can see why he feels the need to widen his horizons, but let's hope before too long he returns.

• Like 1

Fab video- just watched it. Love Celine Gittens’ Terpsichore solo and her outfit, which looked almost like the actual costume in the ballet without copying it. Enjoyed seeing Brandon in the solo and pas de deux - unfortunately will not be able to travel to Birmingham for the triple bill this month. He will be missed in the U.K.-maybe Cathy Marston and Alistair Spalding  can be persuaded to have the Zurich company at Sadler’s Wells very soon. 😀 Good fun hearing Ms Neary’s anecdotes! 

This is a lovely watch. Would love to have witnessed the performance. These two have brought so much joy over the years. I love how Brandon is always so generous in his praise for his partners during his career. I bet he’s a dream to dance with. We will certainly miss him here, but I’m hopeful he’ll be back working with a leading UK company in the future. 

Edited by Odyssey
Clarity
  • Like 1