NATIONAL DANCE AWARDS 2022

Maybe the Balletcoforum should run its' own awards ...... 

No disrespect to the critics but members here know at least as much as they and see many more performances. 

There could be fun awards too; like the best member photograph, the best post, the most liked post, the best costume, the daftest costume ..... 

I am only half joking ! 

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, annamk said:

No disrespect to the critics but members here know at least as much as they and see many more performances. 

There could be fun awards too; like the best member photograph, the best post, the most liked post, the best costume, the daftest costume ..... 

I am only half joking ! 

IIRC in the olden days Bruce used to offer us the opportunity to comment on performances etc we liked.

On 25/04/2023 at 19:27, jmhopton said:

Well, quite a varied list. For male dancer, difficult to choose between Brandon Lawrence and Bracewell (don't really know the others) but I think Brandon just about edges it for me because of his terrific Don Q, whether as Basil or the matador and his wonderful stage presence in anything. Similarly, best female dancer for me is touch and go between Laura Morera (who should have been nominated for outstanding performance for her Natalia Petrovna in Month in the Country) and Francesca Hayward who is incredible in anything she does. I'm very surprised that RB Daichi Ikarashi and Marianne Tsembenhoi weren't mentioned as emerging dancers. Of course, the Outstanding Male Classical Performance has to be Vadim as Prince Rudolf in Mayerling. The most incredible and moving performance I've seen in a classical ballet - ever!

I so agree that Vadim’s Rudolf should run away with Outstanding Male Classical Performance - does anything else even come close? And I’d give Best Female Dancer to Laura Morera but doubt that the panel will lean that way. Frola is rightly in the mix for best male dancer but I’d be surprised if that doesn’t go to Cirio on the back of Creature. Agree too with all the earlier comments about the general incongruity of the nominations. Well, we shall see what we shall see …

• Like 6

On 26/04/2023 at 17:27, annamk said:

I am only half joking ! 

Fab idea!

• Like 5