Elmhurst Young Dancers 2023

SplitSoul

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter enjoyed the audition but I’m not hopeful she’ll get a place there were quite a number of children,  for what I imagine is not a lot of places in yr 5 . it’s quite intimidating seeing the royal ballet junior associates auditioning aswell I don’t think she can compete with them . wish I had applied last year as think she would have had a better chance but , what will be will be , I’m sure she’ll get over it is she doesn’t get in.

20 minutes ago, SplitSoul said:

I have £1 riding on the Bham results coming out today. The day is more than half gone. I am going to have to raid my daughter's money box for £1, aren't I?

(Replacing it with an IOU, of course)

Given the time of day they send out audition info, I'd say you still stand a good chance 😉

• Like 1

She was great if she was disappointed she hid it well , she has a place at ballet boost in September anyway so I’m sure that softened the blow she still wants to try for BTUK associates but I’m not sure I can face another audition 🤣

1 hour ago, Laburnum1 said:

She was great if she was disappointed she hid it well , she has a place at ballet boost in September anyway so I’m sure that softened the blow she still wants to try for BTUK associates but I’m not sure I can face another audition 🤣

Bless her, and well done for the BBA place! I'd say let her, she sounds very mature and able to cope with the potential rejection. It's much harder for us mums! 🤣

20 hours ago, Laburnum1 said:

Just got our no .. never mind fingers crossed for those waiting x

Oh I’m so sorry to hear. Brilliant news about ballet boost though and it sounds like your daughter has taken it super well. We had no’s for my daughter last year and it’s so hard when they have their heart set on something plus the emotions we go through! We got a yes for my year 4 boy and a yes for my year 5 girl. Now lots of discussions to be had as we would be travelling from down south x

• Like 1

On 26/05/2022 at 14:43, BalletMummy123 said:

My DD got a yes today for Year 4 🎉

Just wondering if you know how many year 4s they took last year in Manchester or usually take? DD auditioned yesterday. I’m not hopeful though…think she needs some more lessons to catch up to the girls who have been competing/dancing since 2! She’d just started at 4, but only started properly at 6 bc of Covid. 

On 30/04/2023 at 15:21, B.wightman1 said:

Just wondering if you know how many year 4s they took last year in Manchester or usually take? DD auditioned yesterday. I’m not hopeful though…think she needs some more lessons to catch up to the girls who have been competing/dancing since 2! She’d just started at 4, but only started properly at 6 bc of Covid. 

Hi! Her place was Leeds - I think there’s roughly about 8 Year 4s in her class if that helps? X

Just now, BalletMummy123 said:

Hi! Her place was Leeds - I think there’s roughly about 8 Year 4s in her class if that helps? X

Sorry I read this wrong thinking it was the Royal thread! Sorry I’m not sure as we had to decline her place as it classed with the Royal JA programme so we couldn’t do both x