Elmhurst Young Dancers 2023

SplitSoul

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/04/2023 at 14:33, Laburnum1 said:

She was great if she was disappointed she hid it well , she has a place at ballet boost in September anyway so I’m sure that softened the blow she still wants to try for BTUK associates but I’m not sure I can face another audition 🤣

How quickly did ballet boost get results out after she auditioned? 

DD missed Manchester audition, but they’ve said she can still apply for September by video or attend an “in class” audition. 

I really want to see how the different classes are run.  DD dance teacher wants to prep her for RBS next year, but I don’t want to put all her eggs in that basket when RBS places seem hardest to get! 

11 hours ago, B.wightman1 said:

How quickly did ballet boost get results out after she auditioned? 

DD missed Manchester audition, but they’ve said she can still apply for September by video or attend an “in class” audition. 

I really want to see how the different classes are run.  DD dance teacher wants to prep her for RBS next year, but I don’t want to put all her eggs in that basket when RBS places seem hardest to get! 

It was only a couple of days after think audition on the Saturday and heard by the Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicolamcaree said:

I'm driving myself crazy checking my emails. My daughter's auditioned for Manchester yr4 so not overly hopeful but would like to know either way. 

Same! Not hopeful at all, but just need to know for sure 😂

I'm wondering if they won’t come out today though because it’s the coronation. 

4 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Just got an email!!! Dd has been offered a place for Year 4! Quite shocked!

Amazing so did my year 4 daughter! I'm really shocked! She won't know anyone so a little nervous. Does anyone know the time of the class as I'm now panicking if we can get her there? 

• Like 1

@sunrise81 @Nicolamcaree can I just ask- what level are your DDs? How much dance are they doing a week currently and when did they start dance?

It seemed like the standard of dancers was really high. DD is started private lessons once a week, as well as one extra class (tap/modern) and will audition again next year if she’s progressed a lot now that we know the expected standard!! 

3 minutes ago, B.wightman1 said:

@sunrise81 @Nicolamcaree can I just ask- what level are your DDs? How much dance are they doing a week currently and when did they start dance?

It seemed like the standard of dancers was really high. DD is started private lessons once a week, as well as one extra class (tap/modern) and will audition again next year if she’s progressed a lot now that we know the expected standard!! 

She is at a small school. She does 1 hour of ballet a week. But has just started ballet boost which is once a month. Overall she dances 4hours a week, ballet, tap, jazz, commercial and acro. She is in grade 1 RAD. Hope this helps. X

5 minutes ago, B.wightman1 said:

Just want to also say. My eldest daughter got a no the first year for RB and auditioned again the next year and got a yes. So always hope x 

• Like 1

@Nicolamcaree 

thanks. I think my DD isn't a “natural” dancer and also she’s not even 8 until end of August, but she loves it so much. So i figure a bit more dance this year and see how she gets on.

DD is also auditioning for ballet boost for September, so if she does get into that I’m sure that’ll help her as well. 

@sunrise81 sounds like your daughter IS a natural!! 🥰

• Like 2

Thank you!

She does have great feet and knows how to use turn out too! She is ridiculously strong from her gymnastics lesson, and is very petite but well proportioned with long legs. She isn't as advanced technically as some of the others we saw there, but that doesn't matter at an associated programme as they take it back to basics and train them in their style. Will see what happens!!!!

Good luck with Ballet Boost too!!! That is also supposed to be a great programme :)

Edited by sunrise81
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dancer20 said:

Has anyone had audition times for Elmhurst Extended Dancers Yr9 upwards on Saturday?? 
When did others find out about their audition times from other auditions??

We haven't received anything either. Reading the comments above, I think we should hear today or tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone from.previous years know.when we find out about class times and uniforms? I have looked at Dancing Boutique at uniform, and seems to be a new leo for Sept? Also still waiting for rbs results before final decision is made....