Question about the Dorfman Conservatory

I generally sit in the Stalls Circle and use the downstairs cafe, but on Saturday we were in the Grand Tier and used the Dorfman Conservatory.  When I buy drinks they usually show up in my back account as payment to ROH, but Saturday's money went to Dorfman.  Does that mean ROH aren't getting profits from me? Does anyone know?

Some of the restaurants used to be run by Searcy’s (which owned many eating outlets in London) but after the refurbishment several of them didn’t exist in the form that they used to. Many theatres and concert halls do rent out the space to a company or restaurant as a concession, ie the theatre collects rent, but any profit or loss is entirely taken on by the company/restaurant which is independent of the theatre.

I haven’t used the restaurants as much after the Open Up renovation and even less after Covid,  so I can’t tell you who runs the Consevatory and takes the revenues.

All I’m sure about is that the income from ice creams, programmes and shop go to ROH. 😁 If some of the bars and cafes do as well (from the receipt information), and are managed by the ROH, that’s great.  But if it’s any consolation, the ROH also benefits from rental income when renting the space. Obviously any extra revenue from a second helping of cake or extra glass of champagne wouldn’t be any extra gain for the ROH per se, other than encouraging the outside company to continue their business and keep paying rent to ROH.

• Like 1