West Yorkshire Summer School

tutugirl

My annual Summer School will be held on August 1st - 5th inclusive.

It will take place at University Academy Keighley 

This culminates with the students performing in the theatre , which is open to all . 

The course is open to Vocational and non vocational students of all levels . We usually get a nice cross section .

Groups are small to enable individual attention.

Our focus is Classical and includes :

ballet , contemporary, pas de deux and jazz .

Faculty includes : Martin Dutton from the Hammond Vocational School , Barnaby Packham and Rita Pires , company members from National Moravian Silesian Ballet Theatre - more to be announced .

We can offer home stays for those wanting residential .

I am hoping that there are still some forum members who could write a testimony . 
Harwel ? Ponklemum ? Pinkballetsocks 

shygirlsmum ?

Its a happy friendly Summer School with great teachers .

Very reasonably priced - and a wonderful opportunity to perform before an audience .

Message me for more details .

If you send me your mobile number and your name - I can WhatsApp it all across - with pictures and a video of previous years .

Thank you 

• Like 1

This was a really lovely summer school that my DS attended a couple of years running.  The home stays worked out really well and he met some lovely people.  The classes were always good with great teaching and a lovely atmosphere. DS loved the show, a chance for everyone to really connect with their love of dance and show what they had learnt.  

Well worth it! 

My daughters have both attended this summer school for several years ( excluding the pandemic) . One is now at vocational school and the other enjoys dance as a hobby. They both get a lot out of the week. In fact one of my daughters said she would rather stay at home and go to the summer school this year even if she would miss out on going on holiday!!!

The class sizes are small and the quality of teaching is excellent with a mixture of professional dancers and expert teachers.  There is a nice mix of other genres but the focus is on ballet. Every year the audience is staggered by the quality of the performance that has been put together over a week.  Just proof ( along with tired children) of the hard work that has gone on.  Having said that, my daughters are buzzing every day when they do the summer school. The little ones are very well looked after in between lessons and do a few games and crafts to give them a little breather.  I cannot recommend this summer school enough. My older daughter has done similar at Elmhurst, YBS and Tring but this one always remains the highlight. It’s so much more personal in every way- even the corrections!!! It is exceptional value too . 

Can’t recommend this summer school enough!  DD has done a number of prestigious intensives over the years but this one was a cut above, she received excellent training, and we were thrilled to be able to watch a wonderful show at the end. Dd stayed with a lovely host family who we are still in touch with now.

My dd started her training with @tutugirl many, many years ago.  I can't comment on the summer school itself, but I do know that @tutugirl runs fabulous programmes and really cares for the students.  Looking at the adverts for this year's faculty I think it will be an amazing summer school - and one which will be equally good for vocational and non-vocational students.

My dd did this summer school a few years ago and absolutely loved it. She stayed with a wonderful family and had the best time. My dd said she learned so much and would love to go back. The classes were small, and the teaching excellent Xx

Thank you all for your posts .

Several forum members have got in touch already and it looks as if we are going to be welcoming students from Tring , Elmhurst , Moorlands and Hammond , as well as our lovely non vocational students .

We are excited to be creating some new pieces , and putting together a show , where each student will be given an opportunity to perform in several pieces .

For those with children who board , this is quite a rare opportunity .

We also offer private coaching by arrangement - with the young men being coached by our male teachers which is so good for them .

A nice opportunity to try / develop pas de deux too .

I think the host families should receive a high accolade for providing the students with a happy and nurturing family environment . Life long friendships have been formed which is wonderful .

Some video clips are of previous Summer Schools are on my open Facebook page .

Sara Packham Theatre School .

I know I’ve previously hoped my DD could attend but timings never worked out sadly...

on that note, why is it almost every Summer Opportunity this year seems to be 1-5th August??? Ironically she can’t do that week for anything dance related anyhow this year! 

Anyone know of anything for older dancers right at the end of August? (Did not go for NYB audition this year & deadlines etc passed so not an option) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...