Royal Ballet dancers in Orlando with Royal Philharmonic - 19 January 2022

This looks like a lovely event for anyone in the Orlando area.  Some tickets available.  

Thanks to Mayara for mentioning it on her Instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYpN-OtN_mX/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.drphillipscenter.org/events/tickets/2022/royal-ballet-royal-phil/

Dr. Phillips Center Presents

The Royal Ballet & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

January 19, 2022 | Steinmetz Hall | 7:30 p.m.
Part of our Grand Celebration Season—when we welcome the world’s greatest artists to one of the world’s greatest theaters, our new Steinmetz Hall.

Principal dancers from The Royal Ballet Covent Garden and Brooklyn Mack join The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra—performing together for the very first time as Steinmetz Hall becomes a gathering place for the world’s greatest artists.

This all-Tchaikovsky evening includes pas de deux, codas and solos from Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty and The Nutcracker, along with Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.

Seats will fill up fast. Get tickets now and be one of the first to see Steinmetz Hall in action with this exceptional performance.

Royal Ballet Dancers

• Sarah Lamb
  • Ryoichi Hirano
  • Mayara Magri
  • Matthew Ball
  • Charlotte Tonkinson
  • Francisco Serrano

Premier Pre-Show Experience | $75

Join us in DeVos Family Room before the show for a full bar, hors d'oeuvres, chef stations, desserts and live entertainment.

The Royal Ballet
For 90 years, The Royal Ballet has united tradition and innovation through world-class performances at the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, under the patronage of Her Majesty The Queen. 

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Celebrating 75 years as one of the world’s greatest orchestras, The Royal Philharmonic will take the Steinmetz Hall stage for one-of-a-kind collaborations during their 10-day Dr. Phillips Center residency. 

Barry Wordsworth
Serving as Principal Guest Conductor of The Royal Ballet, Barry Wordsworth is also Conductor Laureate of the BBC Concert Orchestra and the Brighton Philharmonic, as well as Music Director Laureate of Birmingham Royal Ballet. He has appeared with many of the world’s leading orchestras, both in the UK and across the globe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

I wish the Royal Ballet would do this sort of event in the UK. I'd definitely be interested in going if they did.

I live in hopes that Birmingham Royal Ballet will start doing the Annual Evening of Music and Dance at Birmingham's Symphony Hall.  It has always been a highlight and there are BRB leading where the Royal may follow!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

I live in hopes that Birmingham Royal Ballet will start doing the Annual Evening of Music and Dance at Birmingham's Symphony Hall.  It has always been a highlight and there are BRB leading where the Royal may follow!

I'd want them to do an Annual Matinee too, as Birmingham is too far away for me to get home after an evening performance.

On 13/01/2022 at 16:42, Dawnstar said:

I wish the Royal Ballet would do this sort of event in the UK. I'd definitely be interested in going if they did.

In this country it is done by Birmingham Royal Ballet with the Royal Phil. I went back in November (at Royal Albert Hall). A good night out. 

• Like 2