Dancing Times letter on the future of BRB

• 4 weeks later...

A friend just messaged me to say that she has seen that BRB are performing Swan Lake in Southampton in February 2023.  I couldn't find anything on the company website so I had a look at the Mayflower website.  If you do a search on Birmingham Royal Ballet it does come up but the link isn't clickable yet.

I wonder if that means the company will be touring Swan Lake in Spring 2023, which says a lot if they are as Acosta's oft stated mission is to mothball the heritage legacy for 5 years.

https://www.mayflower.org.uk/search

1864452577_Screenshot2022-01-21at19_01_06.png.8742f31071a51f8e25e2d3a5b92da761.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

Have they announced anything for Spring or Summer after Don Q in March? Their calendar is looking rather bare!

You have got to be joking!!  I suspect we only know about Southampton because the Mayflower usually puts the tickets on sale for the next season when the company is there.  It's showing on the website but wasn't a clickable link yet.

I gather (through no issue with BRB) that with the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham this summer when the company would normally be at the Hippodrome that there may be some issues with theatre availability that may have to be resolved.  

Goodness only knows what is going to happen with the Autumn!!

• Like 2