On 05/08/2022 at 19:23, Dancers Dad said:

Here we are - 3 Smalls

Not worn too often

All stitching on seams is good as new

Fronts have adjustable tie

Smoke-free, pet-free home

Only washed in non bio

Daughter's name is visible, if faded, on labels inside

£35 new I think - so offering for £20 each plus whatever it costs to post.

leotards2.jpg

NB These have gone now.

18 minutes ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

No not yet, I re-read the offer etc last week to see if I’d missed anything as I’m conscious it will be due soon. 

Thanks. I just thought we might of missed email 

On 04/08/2022 at 16:00, Ballet-taxi said:

I meant ‘on’ the small size! 
she is normally small but felt the medium might be better fit so has ordered the other ones in a medium. 

Just wondering how did your daughter find the mediums after please? My daughter would usually wear a small too. So hard to know.

11 hours ago, PointeMeTheRightWay said:

Yeah we contacted her but it had already gone. 

The girl who gave up her room was replaced with a ‘non dance’ student. They may not want to be in a dance flat of 16 year olds! I wonder if they realise this. It would make much more sense for you to get that room. 

Are you on the waiting list for the NBS flat at New Medlock? 

But yes, tricky if they’re only giving spaces now to the Uni students. I hope you find somewhere! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ballet-taxi said:

The girl who gave up her room was replaced with a ‘non dance’ student. They may not want to be in a dance flat of 16 year olds! I wonder if they realise this. It would make much more sense for you to get that room. 

Are you on the waiting list for the NBS flat at New Medlock? 

But yes, tricky if they’re only giving spaces now to the Uni students. I hope you find somewhere! 

That’s interesting, I’ll get onto them tomorrow. A level results come out this Thursday so hopefully more rooms will come available if people have reserved rooms for several Uni cities. 🤞🏼

22 hours ago, PointeMeTheRightWay said:

Out of curiosity, is anyone else still struggling for accommodation?

my DD is 16. Dwell say they won’t take any more under 18’s. Unite are full unless you book through the university and IQ won’t take 16 year olds. Getting desperate now. 

I hope you find some thing soon. 🤞

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PointeMeTheRightWay said:

That’s interesting, I’ll get onto them tomorrow. A level results come out this Thursday so hopefully more rooms will come available if people have reserved rooms for several Uni cities. 🤞🏼

Hi. I’m probably jumping in too late but Unite definitely allow a flat full of 16yr olds. They tried placing a Uni student in with my DD in her first year. We pulled the ‘safe guarding’ card with the support of other parents with DD’s in the flat. Uni student was swiftly relocated 😉

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, balletbean said:

Hi. I’m probably jumping in too late but Unite definitely allow a flat full of 16yr olds. They tried placing a Uni student in with my DD in her first year. We pulled the ‘safe guarding’ card with the support of other parents with DD’s in the flat. Uni student was swiftly relocated 😉

Thanks for that.

I have been told that someone is looking into it for me and I hope to hear back tomorrow 🤞🏼

• Like 4

Just now, PointeMeTheRightWay said:

Thanks for that.

I have been told that someone is looking into it for me and I hope to hear back tomorrow 🤞🏼

Great news. Shall keep everything crossed for you. The staff are helpful but you do have to be kind but firmly persuasive sometimes. Using the age card works brilliantly especially where alcohol is concerned 😉
Flipping the scenario around slightly. 🤞🏼😊

• Like 2

On 04/08/2022 at 13:52, PointeMeTheRightWay said:

I’ve just had an email advising that the leotards are currently in production and will be dispatched in the next couple weeks. Looks like the girls should be ok 🤞🏼

I emailed today for an update as we had received no correspondence since ordering and they have said they would be dispatched within the next two weeks 🤞🏼

On 23/08/2022 at 22:24, Hairpinseverywhere said:

I emailed today for an update as we had received no correspondence since ordering and they have said they would be dispatched within the next two weeks 🤞🏼

Ours arrived last week so the illusive  grey fabric has obviously now been delivered… hopefully won’t be too long, but if it is late we spoke to Shona and explained that the fabric was delayed and she said it’s no problem if they haven’t arrived, just come in regular dance wear until it does. X

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, hope that you all got your DD’s & DS’s settled into their accommodation.

I probably bumped into some of you yesterday whilst moving my DD into Dwell. I know that some of you travelled quite a way to get there so just wanted to reach out and say that I only live a 40 min drive away from NBS and it’s surrounding accommodations so if any of you have any worries about your young adults at any time then I can easily pop and check they are ok. If you’d like my number then please PM me. 
Best of luck to them all for tomorrow. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Ballet-taxi said:

Yes, I have one in there too! They’re very happy and settled. 

Very glad to hear this 👍

50 minutes ago, mum5678 said:

Yup! Is your DD there this year again too? 

Yes!

It's been a terrible start though as the refurbishments to her flat really haven't been finished properly. I was wondering if we've just been unlucky or whether this was a wider experience...

Just now, Dancers Dad said:

Very glad to hear this 👍

Yes!

It's been a terrible start though as the refurbishments to her flat really haven't been finished properly. I was wondering if we've just been unlucky or whether this was a wider experience...

Yes, we were the same.

We walked into paint splats,

plaster dust and large bits of plaster board everywhere.

There was a bucket of dirty water and pieces of wood on the floor. The whole flat was dirty with plaster dust and strong smell of paint. The showers were dirty from workmen having been working in there. 
However we complained and they explained they had finished decorating that morning and just hadn’t done the clean/tidy before we got there at 10am.

In fairness, they sent a team straight up and we continued to tell them about each snag/area to clean/fix and every time,

someone came extremely quick and got things fixed. Not ideal but they were quick to sort! So, I think it’s all flats. I’m thinking at least they got in and it’s all newly refurbished with everything new. It would have been a disaster if they had to wait to move in, or have a temporary move.

I hope your DD’s flat is sorted quick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dancers Dad said:

Very glad to hear this 👍

Yes!

I think it's an all round experience! Our flat wasn't finished properly either and there's quite a lot of maintenance work that still needs doing. It was also covered in builders mess when they moved in on Saturday still.

We've been trying to encourage them to get all the maintenance logged and sorted this week before the rest of the students move in next weekend and they have 400 other room's worth of issues, but the list has been quite long and they keep ticking jobs off as done when they're not.... things like missing smoke detectors and doors not locking properly so pretty essential! We also have been told there's an 18 yr old moving in to the flat (with 3, 16 yr olds) which we're not very happy with. 

Oh and you can only be insured once your 17, so none of them can access the insurance either... it's going really well! 🙄😂 On the plus side, they're a lovely little bunch and getting on like a house on fire. 

• Like 1

Oh dear... it does sound universal.

The on-site team are excellent and doing their very best - they must be exhausted. It's their superiors I'm so cross with.

There was no lock on my daughter's door so she couldn't sleep there the first night...  It was filthy, as per your experiences. And she's had two major leaks, including on to her stuff. It's been quite upsetting.

I hope the students log every single problem and make sure they make their presence felt. While I agree that it's great they're in, whoever signed this off needs to have a serious word with themselves!

On the plus side, she's loved being back in school and is very excited for the year ahead!