Central School of Ballet

Tulip

I am so pleased for him and well done to his mother for raising such a strong young man. There was a boy who went to ballet with my daughter when they were small and he was only allowed to go on the strict understanding it was called " Music and Movement", not ballet and when he was seven his father refused to let him go any more - such a shame! :(

the students at RCS are very lucky in as much as the AD for Scottish Ballet, Christopher Hampson, takes a keen interest in the school and will often drop into a class to have a look at what's going on. The students also get to train on occasion with SB in the company classes.

• Like 1

Think his visit there may have resulted in the third year/graduate student getting Nutcracker contract. Someone mentioned her on another thread. Might be wrong but I based assumption on the fact that announcement was made a couple of days after his visit.

Would also like to add a well done to Kyle :) Prior to his degree course at Central he was at the Dance School of Scotland for four years.

• Like 1

Living on a very rough council estate in Manchester when growing up, I was advised not to tell anyone when I started at secondary school I took ballet lessons. Kept it quiet for a while,but then along came Fame the film,then the TV series, and suddenly half the school was interested in dancing,and I was forever being asked to do a double pirouette or the splits.!!

• Like 6