Northern Ballet Leeds Summer intensive accommodation

abitwornout

If you are looking at hotels, the closest I know is an Ibis Budget which is about 7 minutes walk but across very busy roads.  I've found it OK when I've stayed there but it's probably best if you can get a room without the bunk over the double bed ... I nearly knocked myself out once!

There's a Travelodge on Vicar Lane (at the back of the Grand Theatre) which would be about a 10 minute walk.

In terms of places to eat the Travelodge is probably better located.

There are lots of other hotels/chain hotels within the city centre but I don't know what the rates are like.

• Like 2

If you want a good night’s sleep, I would advise against the Ibis Budget hotel. It’s very close to the studios but I would honestly sacrifice that in order to be able to sleep. The Ibis Budget has laminate floors and the sound carries. Spent two very noisy nights there - NEVER AGAIN!!

• Like 2

I would also avoid the Ibis - it's a haven for stag and hen dos, and once you cross over the (many!) roads, you're not the best part of town. I wouldn't want a teenager/young adult wandering there at night. The Travelodge would be a much better bet, or there is a Jury's Inn near the train station, which is about 15 minutes walk but a much busier and safer area to be in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Springflower said:

We have stayed in the central Travel lodge before which i would recommend, I think it was about 10-15 min walk to the studios. It had breakfast included and was reasonably priced 

the  Leeds Central Travelodge is  not too far either as you  rightly say , and iirc most rooms have baths  , vicar lane  travelodge   is all showers IIRC 

so if the epsom salts bath or  cold / hot  baths are part of the  recovery plan ...  

never stayed at the Ibis Budget in leeds but have stayed in them elsewhere and  I'm not a fan  as they often aren't much cheaper than travelodge / premier inn   

• Like 1