Jim Steinman RIP

alison

Saddened to hear of the death of the songwriter and producer Jim Steinman at the too-early age of 73.  His bombastic style (he once said "If you don't go over the top, how are you ever going to see what's on the other side?"!) got him nicknamed the Wagner of rock.  Best known for Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell album, and Total Eclipse of the Heart for Bonnie Tyler, but anyone who can come up with lyrics like "You took the words right out of my mouth - it must have been while you were kissing me" and pretty much the whole of Paradise By The Dashboard Light is okay by me!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56825060

• Like 1

If you want to see how to dance to Jim Steinman's music, please Google "Tanz der Vampire" and "Carpe noctem" or "Finale" - you'll find the dance scenes from the German musical "Dance of the Vampires", playing somewhere in Austria or Germany for almost 25 years now (though the Broadway version, changed to suit Michael Crawford's wishes, was a huge flop in 2002). Steinman used some of his old songs, this is the finale, changed from the song "Tonight is what it means to be young" to "The vampires invite you to dance" (in German of course).

• 1 month later...