General questions about ENBS

JanJas

Wondering if anyone could answer a few questions about The English National Ballet School?

My dd, who is currently in year 11 at a vocational ballet school, has recently been given an offer for the 3 year course at ENBS. We were delighted at the offer and we're now in the lucky position of deciding between a few 6th form options.

These are a few of the questions we have about ENBS....we have read through their website from top to bottom but were still in the dark about a few things...

We'll phone the school and ask them too in due course, but it would be wonderful to hear from anyone with first hand experience of the school.

What kind of hostel arrangements are there for first year students?

Do the students feel safe walking to the school and walking about in the area near the school?

Is there a canteen at the school?

Do/can students opt to take A levels somehow/somewhere else because the school itself doesn't offer them?

Is there any information about the postponed move to London Island where the ENB company is? Is the school still going to move there, and if so when?

Are there just 2 studios in the school building? Do students find this restricting in any way?

How would current students describe their time there - friendliness, quality of care, quality of teaching, pros and cons etc. etc

We also have a few questions about the DaDA - does it just cover the tuition? - is there any funding available for living costs? 

Any answers to the above would be most welcome!

Thank you!

I've just re-read what I wrote and I realise that I've asked far too many questions!! But if anyone can give me just a general idea of the school, or point me in the direction of a parent or pupil who could answer any of the above that would be great! I don't know why but it seems quite difficult to get a true feel of the school?

Hello!  We are also searching for some of the same answers.  If anyone has a child a ENBS (or attended in the recent past) and could share some insight it would be appreciated!  Trying to make a quick deadline decision about attendance for fall 2021/2022 year.  

Hi, I can’t answer any questions about ENBS but I can about the DaDA. There is a sliding scale based on your household income and this decides if you’re entitled to any help with living costs. The scale can be found on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dance-and-drama-awards-income-scales/dance-and-drama-awards-income-scales-2018-to-2019-academic-year

Hope this helps x

Dd has attended previous Spring and Summer courses there. The current venue is in a safe area. You are not far from Kensington/Chelsea. There are good bus routes and you can hire Santander bicycles in the street it is. They share the building with an art college. Dd found studios to be good. ENB has top floor of building, I believe.

I know they were intending to move last year, but do not know why there is a delay.
The hostel they recommend for girls is closer to their current location so worth baring in mind if they relocate. I prefer their current location. The hostel offers a meal plan and was in the region of £13000 a year.

Congratulations on the offer.