Open Barre Podcast with Brandon Lawrence

I have just listened to the new episode with Robert Parker as the guest.  What a chatty, lovely man.  He has so much to say that is interesting and funny.  My favourite is his story about a performance of Two Pigeons!

Another great episode from Brandon and Julia.  👏👏 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone - Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year! Our season finale guest is the wonderful Leanne Benjamin who talks us through highlights in her career and what she loves about coaching the next generation. She really was an inspiring and wonderful guest to have on Open Barre Podcast. You can listen to the episode via the link below or search 'open barre' in Spotify, Apple or wherever you get your podcasts to find it. Enjoy!

We would like to thank all of our listeners and Balletcoforum - the conversations, discussions and threads on the forum inspire a lot of our chats on the podcast so thank you all xx

https://www.spreaker.com/user/openbarre/open-barre-s4-06 

• Like 5

What a fascinating episode!  Thanks so much to you and Brandon for keeping your listeners informed and entertained with your amazing guests and the chat between the two of you.  A very Happy New Year to Open Barre, and I am really looking forward to the next season!

I echo this Julie and Brandon. You’ve set the barre high with the guests this season!

After listening to the latest episode, I was prompted to watch the Requiem solo on YouTube which I hadn’t seen in a while. So beautifully danced by Leanne. Thank you. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have just listened to this podcast for a second time.  I really look forward to reading Leanne's book after listening to what she had to say here.  She is a fascinating artist and sounds like a fun and lovely lady.  :)  I highly recommend a listen.  Great way to spend an hour.

• 8 months later...

Hi Odyssey, thanks for asking and for your support! Season Five will actually begin next week, Friday 7th, so please tune in. I'll also post on here to remind everyone. We've both been very busy since the last season but I'll leave you to listen in next week to find out more...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ToThePointe said:

Hi Odyssey, thanks for asking and for your support! Season Five will actually begin next week, Friday 7th, so please tune in. I'll also post on here to remind everyone. We've both been very busy since the last season but I'll leave you to listen in next week to find out more...

Great news that this is starting again.  I see on Instagram that you are posting reminders about your previous seasons, and I am therefore going to be listening to a few eps (getting down with the kids there!! 😄 ) before the 7th.  Can't wait to see what the new season holds! 

• 2 weeks later...

The first episode of Season Five is now live! You can listen via Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts by typing in Open Barre in their search boxes. Alternatively, you can listen by clicking the links below. Enjoy!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/open-barre/id1521293558

https://www.spreaker.com/user/openbarre/open-barre-s5-episode-1

• Like 3

Welcome back Open Barre.  I've missed you!  What a lovely chat between Julia and Brandon, as always.  So interesting to hear about Brandon's two guest stints this year with Capetown Ballet.  And congratulations Julia on your recent wedding! 

Really looking forward to the new season....I am sure you will have wonderful guests!

• 2 weeks later...

In the second episode of our fifth season, which went out today on Apple / Spotify / Spreaker, we were joined by Julie Bowers, former dancer with The Royal Ballet, CEO of BBO dance and co-creator of Grad Pro.

I'm sure you will find Julie's CV as impressive as we did...!

https://www.spreaker.com/user/openbarre/open-barre-s5-episode-2-18-10-2022-20-55

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

In the third episode of our fifth season of Open Barre, we were joined by Sabine Naghdi. 

Sabine is the author of 'Tears of a Ballet Mum' and is also mother to Yasmine Naghdi. In light of Yasmine's incredible performance last night, it's been really interesting to hear Sabine's experience as a parent of a ballerina and to understand in more depth the journey it takes to become a Principal ballerina. 

You can access via Apple / Spotify / Spreaker or wherever you get your podcasts.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/openbarre/open-barre-s5-episode-3-31-10-2022-18-46

• Like 4

Love your podcast Julia & Brandon. I’m quite new to baller and am having a wonderful time working my way through the past episodes. It’s made my commute to work something I look forward to.

The episode with Mrs Nagdhi was fascinating, she is clearly a very wise and grounded lady - having a mum like that must’ve been absolute gold whilst going through ballet training and rising through the ranks.

Love the episode with Leanne Benjamin too - especially the part where she said her fantasy ballet would be her and David Beckham in a private studio doing very intimate choreography that would involve her having to wrap her legs around him a lot 🤣🔥

Anna Rose O’Sullivan was a delight to listen to as well. Can’t wait to discover what other gems are in the back episodes as well as looking forward to new ones. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much @Angela Essex for your kind words and we're both so happy that you've been enjoying the podcast! 

We have another exciting episode - this time with Laura Day who is a Principal Character Artist and Assistant Répétiteur at Birmingham Royal Ballet. It was great to hear how ballet is scheduled and organised in a company rep and to hear Laura's experience being *we think* the first ever woman to dance Sancho Panza in Don Q! Episode below..

https://www.spreaker.com/user/openbarre/open-barre-s5-episode-4-14-11-2022-17-45

Edited by ToThePointe
  • Like 5