Hi everyone! 

I have teamed up with Brandon Lawrence, Principal dancer at Birmingham Royal Ballet, to create Open Barre - a podcast set out to discover what goes on behind the scenes in ballet. It's meant to be light and fun rather than a serious in-depth look into the world of ballet! 

Today Brandon celebrates a year since his promotion to Principal so it seems fitting that we release our first episode of Open Barre on the same day! 

You can find us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Spreaker. Apple works best on your phone via the app and I would recommend Spreaker and Spotify if listening on a computer.

Links below (just put us in the search bar for Spotify) 

https://www.spreaker.com/show/open-barre-season-one

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/open-barre/id1521293558?fbclid=IwAR3MNC3G_A3YjeJ39-IrQ_PatqO7i6STbL3_m_NlM-HtC9LqU5xMiZrek3w

Please like, subscribe, and give us a rating when you listen! I hope you all enjoy :) xx

• Like 7

Well I really enjoyed that, TTP.  Fun, fascinating and an excellent insight into what really goes on!  You are both so funny, and you clearly have such a lovely rapport.  I can’t wait to hear the next one.  Thanks for the smiles amidst so much bad  news!  

And many congratulations to Brandon... I feel so gutted that his long-awaited promotion has been interrupted and disrupted in his first season as a Principal.  Fingers crossed that the powers that be finally see sense very soon and let performers and audiences back. 

• Like 2
  • Sim changed the title to Open Barre Podcast with Brandon Lawrence

I love your introduction to the podcast on your Instagram page, TTP.  I hope you don't mind if I reproduce it here as these folks all merit a mention in these awful times:

I would like to dedicate our first episode of @openbarre_podcast to all of the dancers, artists, choreographers, musicians, costume makers, stage hands, backstage wizards, admin saviours and creatives - without whom we wouldn't have a podcast to talk about the incredible world that you all create.  It's a tough time for the arts and everyone who is a part of it so I hope that this podcast can provide a bit of light relief when needed!  I also have to thank the incredible Brandon Lawrence for the beautiful energy and positivity that he brings to this podcast.

I second that emotion!

• Like 5

Congratulations, TTP. I’ve been following Brandon’s career since his White Lodge days and it’s been really rewarding to watch the way he has blossomed during those years.   Your questioning was very skilful and brought out, in a most interesting way, his thoughts and impressions of his experiences on the stage before, during and after performances.  I look forward to the next instalment of your podcast

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone - thank you so much for your support so far with the podcast! 

Episode 2 is now live and can be found, downloaded and played via Apple, Spotify and Spreaker. Please like, comment and subscribe where you can! 

In this episode, we discuss the interval and the wings. I hope you enjoy :)

https://www.spreaker.com/show/open-barre-season-one

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/open-barre/id1521293558?fbclid=IwAR3MNC3G_A3YjeJ39-IrQ_PatqO7i6STbL3_m_NlM-HtC9LqU5xMiZrek3w

• Like 2

Another fascinating chat, TTP.   Already looking forward to episode 3.  I love listening to you and Brandon Lawrence chatting away together.  So relaxing and informative!  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've been listening to the podcasts while chainsawing down a tree, and have emerged respectively entertained and unscathed.  It definitely rounds out the ballet-spectator experience getting all this insight - do keep it going!