A Child's Christmas in Wales - Ballet Cymru (feat Cerys Matthews)

I saw this at the Lilian Baylis studio theatre in Sadlers Wells - its an utter delight!

Watch A CHILD’S CHRISTMAS IN WALES on Sunday the 14th of June at 2pm! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ballet Cymru presents a timeless interpretation of the Dylan Thomas classic A Child’s Christmas In Wales with music by Mason Neely and Wales’ own icon, Cerys Matthews. Step into the imagination of a genius and follow us on a journey through snow, cats and melancholy.
Featuring choreography by Creative Wales Award winner Darius James and Amy Doughty, and evocative, eloquent costumes, Ballet Cymru bring to life this timeless story using the company’s unique blend of classical technique and storytelling.
Don't miss some clips about A CHILD’ S CHRISTMAS IN WALES during the week, and be prepared to be transported to a world of laughter, beauty and wonder at 2pm on Sunday the 14th of June! ⏰
Subscribe to Ballet Cymru's YouTube channel today to be the first to watch our latest videos 🎬 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCusHNEiSVMvyNaYLIWtmWOg/
  • Like 2

It looks like Ballet Cymru are streaming ballets every 2 weeks so worth keeping an eye on their social media if you enjoy them more generally. So far we've had The Light Princess and Cinderella, both very enjoyable. Looking forward to this one on Sunday 😊

3 hours ago, DanJL said:

Yes, they're always 48 hours.

thanks - I wasn't sure if was two or three days; I thought it was two, but when I was working out from the dates that I thought it ran for, I wrongly worked it out as three.

No worries! Thanks for starting a topic on this. I mentioned previous Ballet Cymru streams on the big general suggestions thread, but maybe they were a bit swamped by all the other info on there. I'll add any future info to this one 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanJL said:

The availability has just been extended - this can now be watched up until midnight on Saturday 20th.

oh good - I'll watch it again for sure. And I'm not surprised - I think its one of the most popular things they have done. I enjoyed seeing it again enormously - reminded me of home (from when I was a boy bach)  🙂

• Like 1