London Junior Ballet 2020

RachH

Thank you.

Results are in! We made it....eeek....i can't believe it. My 8 year old was over the moon when she found out this morning. 

How did everyone else get on? Hope you all have happy news too 😊🎊

• Like 3

Thank you @RachH That's so nice, she must be sooo pleased - congratulations to her too.

It was our first audition for anything like this so didn't really expect much but thought it at all it would be a good experience - now this. She was bouncing up and down full of excitement this morning 💕

• Like 1

That’s so lovely to hear and I’m sure she’ll love LJB. Hopefully see you at some point in September - if you have any questions do just let me know, although our first year hasn’t exactly been typical! 

DD is in too! Yay!! I saw everyone's posts just now and I didn't get an email today so I thought I might check my spam folder, and it was nicely tucked in there! Congratulations to everyone. I can't seem to be able to open the attachments to see what level she is in but I guess level one because she's only 7 yrs old / year 2.

Edited by BallerinaMum13
Incomplete
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kirsty B said:

My daughter got accepted too...level 2.

Now to choose LJB or Tring CBA as believe they clash time wise🤷🏼‍♀️

Any thoughts please? X

Congratulations 🎉

My daughter will be in LJB Level 2. It's our first time applying for anything like this so I'm definitely not an expert but from what I've read on this forum both schemes are really well regarded.

I think Tring is every other week so you could get some family time back?!! 

Good luck with your decision! 

4 hours ago, Kirsty B said:

My daughter got accepted too...level 2.

Now to choose LJB or Tring CBA as believe they clash time wise🤷🏼‍♀️

Any thoughts please? X

That's amazing, congratulations.

I  am quite new to all of this so unfortunately I can't help but I am sure there are people on here that can advise. Good luck with your decision 🤞🏻😊 

For those that are starting LJB in September are you doing the repertoire class too?

@RachH did your daughter do the repertoire classes and did she enjoy them / is it worth doing? 

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, KitKat23 said:

That's amazing, congratulations.

I  am quite new to all of this so unfortunately I can't help but I am sure there are people on here that can advise. Good luck with your decision 🤞🏻😊 

For those that are starting LJB in September are you doing the repertoire class too?

@RachH did your daughter do the repertoire classes and did she enjoy them / is it worth doing? 

Thanks 

@KitKat23I am trying to make the same decision. My daughter will be in Level 1 so I am worried that she might be overwhelmed by being in repertoire with the older kids. What level will your daughter be in? I really cannot decide what to do. 

@KitKat23- yes my daughter does do repertoire and has really enjoyed it. It was mainly because we have quite a journey so thought it would make the trip more worthwhile. Not that many of the level 1 children did do it - only a handful of them and all the juniors are in together. My DD found the steps challenging but doable. 

@Londonballetmum Congratulations 🎊 so lovely to hear all those happy news.

Our letter says that she has been accepted for LJB Level 1 but it alsi says that the principle will watch her in her first class to decide if she should move up a level 🤷‍♀️ so I suppose we won'tknow until after her first class.

@RachH thank you, that's really helpful. Do you know if you could still sign up for it after the first term? I don't want to overwhelm her but if she gets moved up to Level 2 and more children do it she might decide she'd like to join them.

Edited by KitKat23
Added a sentence

My DD was trained at LJB a few years back so everything may have changed but from memory

Being accepted at 7 is exceptional and her repertoire classes will not be overwhelming as she will be given a role in line with her ability. Some children only do repertoire when older in order to perform the more demanding roles. 

Don’t purchase uniform until after your first week as your child may be moved based on body development. They will spend a couple of years in one level maybe two but each child is different. 

The LJSB programme is intense, challenging and demanding some dancers go straight to upper school from this programme and after school ballet classes at 16 and 18. 

Depending on your child, LJSB suited my DD because she wanted the challenge, the hours in the studio and the LJSB teachers experience and connections. 

Congratulations everyone and enjoy.  

This is some time ago, but I had a pupil there for several years, both in Junior and then continued in Senior classes. Repertoire was fun, it was something suitable for the group, e.g. Fille or Coppelia. When old enough she joined the pointe classes too. All were excellent, so do as much as you feel able to manage.